Door Panel Removal - Broken Handle

DomMc

Oct 17, 2015
Frisco, Tx
Anyone got any pointers for interior door panel removal?
The outside passenger side handle on my car doesn't work, so planning to tackle that this weekend while I wait for the cylinder block to return from the shop.

Might also look at changing the carpet panel on the door while I'm at it...

• Sponsors (?)

Remove the window handle and door release handle (Phillips screwdriver), remove the arm rest (2 3/8" headed screws under arm rest, one Phillips screw at top of door pull iirc), then a wide pry bar may work well, but I've always had pretty decent luck getting my fingers under the door panel and pulling one clip out at a time. Just have to be careful as the composite "board" that the door panel material is adhered to can split where the clips are attached. The clips run about every 6 inches or so around the perimeter of the door panel. Once they are all free, you the lift the panel away and up to remove it from the door. Oh, forgot about if you have a remote mirror on the driver door, unscrew the circular trim ring to release the joystick control from the door panel. That should sum it up for you.... :)

I'm embarrassed to say that work is blocked as I've lost my socket wrench.
(think one of the kids lifted it)

However, I removed the screws and loosened the panel, and the door handle now works!??!??.... must have been something jammed.
Sprayed the door mech with some WD40 and it's like new now.
Well, almost like new...

Reactions: 1 user