"drive Wise"

KillaKev702

Mar 26, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
So I changed insurance companies and allstate wants me to plug in "drive wise", which plugs into the obd2 port and monitors driving habits. My concern is will this mess/ interfere with my custom bama tune? I called allstate, sct, and bama and nobody could tell me anything. So who has a tune and is running "drivewise, snapshot, etc." and have you had any issues? Ps I know a lot of people are gonna bring up big brother and the government and yada yada I just need to know if I can plug it in. Thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

No it shouldn't, I have a S.C.T. tune and a digital Bully Dog monitor hooked to the OBD 2 port. Basically snapshot is a monitoring device, if it changes the ecu in anyway, confirm with an AES certified tuner and MAKE them buy you a new engine. Shouldn't interfere, though.

Snapshot...such a silly thing for a smart person. Let's see...plug this thing in that monitors my driving habits to determine the rate quote that I will get. Only a complete dumbass would take their car above like 2k rpm and exceed the speed limit while one of those things was plugged in. In fact I would be inclined to granny it down to the grocery store and back and leave it parked the rest of the time. That way the total daily mileage would be very low, thus reducing your rate!

Hope it doesn't jack with your tune and that you get an awesome affordable quote! I remember when I was 18, I called state farm about getting coverage for a beautiful yellow 98 cobra. $425 a month for full coverage and a $500 deductible! Insurance should never be more than the car payment! Regardless of the number of speeding tickets on one's record! :p