Driver Side Rear Is Sagging...

creektrack

May 17, 2013
I was hoping for a Lil help here.... I have a 96 GT with about 180k miles on it...I know the shocks haven't been replaced in over 50k miles for sure, but I don't know if they have ever been replaced at all... I did install Roush stage 3 Springs all the way around about 30k miles ago, and I do have the quad shocks on the rear...

So, my issue is that my drivers side rear is sagging about 1 and 1/4"...yeah it's a lot...but is it my shock or spring causing it? My spring doesn't look compressed from what I can see with it on the ground...

Thanks for the help

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

• Sponsors (?)

The shock does nothing to "hold" the vehicle up. The spring/control arms/bushings do all of that. If you have sag, inspect the spring, lower control arm and spring cup on the body for damage, rust or bad bushings.

Are the rear springs "clocked" correctly? (With lower tab on both springs pointing towards driver side wheel?)

I'm gonna jack it up today and get a better look at it, but as far as I remember, everything should be good...I did just recently notice a slight squeak back there...

But what would give me over an inch of difference on that side?

I'm gonna jack it up today and get a better look at it, but as far as I remember, everything should be good...I did just recently notice a slight squeak back there...

But what would give me over an inch of difference on that side?

improperly clock springs with missing iso's

I'll double check that, but I know I put them in the same spot as the ones I took off...but when you jack the car up they are almost fully extended so maybe it turned on me...hopefully I can figure this out today