Driver's side window won't roll up

MacDiesel

Feb 5, 2004
My buddy has a 2001 cobra and the driver's side window won't roll up. I have checked the fuses, but thats not it. When you hit the down button there is a clicking noise under the dash. I was thinking maybe the motor went bad. Any suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

I have the same problem, but the door slam doesn't work anymore. My window does work intermittently though. Does anyone have a real fix instead of slamming it?
First: make sure the window travels freely and is not hanging up on any rubber strippping.

Second: if the first thing was not the problem check the switches

Third: if both the above do not work replace the motor

I should have probably also said that mine won't go down. It goes up just fine, but half the time it won't come down. Anyway, I will take my door panel off and take a look at it.
You know the rubber strips that the window goes down in between? My guess is that one of the strips is folding in upon itself and exposing the rubber side to the glass instead of the felt side. This will put drag on the window which makes the overheat shutoff trip in the motor which makes the window refuse to move until it cools down (hours). Check and lubricate the rubber strips that touch the glass. Use plain old silicone spray to lube.

A tech friend of mine bought an SN95 for 600 buck and none of the windows worked but made that ticking noise. Apparently there's a way to put a bolt in the motor clutch, ya know the clutch that prevents you from chopping your arm off in the window. seems the clutches go bad easy. Ill ask him for details the next time i see him