Dyno Day 10/17

• Sponsors (?)

1st run, stock timing, popped a cap off the nipple for the egr coolant line, coolant every where. Getting it fixed and then we will see what happens.
IMAG0270.jpg

It made 271hp and 311tq after dialing it in. I am not super thrilled with the hp number, but not disappoited either. I think it is right about where it should be. The limitiations are what you guys already know, shortly headers and chinese junk intake. I think I could easily pick up 10 15 by swapping those out.
IMAG0273.jpg

Are you running stock electronics? No tuning device i.e. PMS or chip? I don't remember what intake you are running. But a good intake, tuning equipment, full-length Headers should definitely get 20 more horsepower

Are you running stock electronics? No tuning device i.e. PMS or chip? I don't remember what intake you are running. But a good intake, tuning equipment, full-length Headers should definitely get 20 more horsepower

Stock electronics, there is a chip though. I already reached out to tmoss about porting an explorer intake I picked up ($45). I think I want to keep something with a longer runner for the low end torque. Tuner recommended staying with the gt40 style intake if it is only a street car. He said if I am looking for a higher HP number go for a systemax II with a power pipe.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Stock electronics, there is a chip though. I already reached out to tmoss about porting an explorer intake I picked up ($45). I think I want to keep something with a longer runner for the low end torque. Tuner recommended staying with the gt40 style intake if it is only a street car. He said if I am looking for a higher HP number go for a systemax II with a power pipe.
I had moss port my ho lower and I removed the pre-cats on the stock h-pipe and I picked up 23 hp.

We've all been there! Should be a solid fun driver. And I wouldn worry about the "numbers". They don't mean much.

The only numbers are care about are the number of times it puts a smile on my face, and that is every time I drive it right now. I was able to finally rip all the way through the first three gears today. I laughed like a mad man while I eased off of it and cruised away. I shifted at a little above 5500 each time and it was still pulling hard. I had to back off it a little after the 1 to 2 shift to avoid a crazy side ways condition.

I am glad we are having some warm weather in New England. I get to enjoy it a little more until it's time to put it to bed for winter.

The only numbers are care about are the number of times it puts a smile on my face, and that is every time I drive it right now. I was able to finally rip all the way through the first three gears today. I laughed like a mad man while I eased off of it and cruised away. I shifted at a little above 5500 each time and it was still pulling hard. I had to back off it a little after the 1 to 2 shift to avoid a crazy side ways condition.

I am glad we are having some warm weather in New England. I get to enjoy it a little more until it's time to put it to bed for winter.
What heads are you using again? I've got the "ass wag" too, it did it to me a little today in 3rd gear. Guess we need new lower control arms? I hear ya about the frustration part, the nite before my original dyno appointment she wouldn't start and it took me a bit to get everything running good again. Me and my learning curve.... It is a pretty cool hobby though huh boys?

What heads are you using again? I've got the "ass wag" too, it did it to me a little today in 3rd gear. Guess we need new lower control arms? I hear ya about the frustration part, the nite before my original dyno appointment she wouldn't start and it took me a bit to get everything running good again. Me and my learning curve.... It is a pretty cool hobby though huh boys?

TFS 170s. I actually do have hotchkis upper and lower control arms. Much better than stock and squats pretty nicely.