E-Bay,How long is too long ?????

Vinnietbird

Jun 2, 2005
I bought a set of headers from a guy named slopny50 from E-Bay about 3 1/2 weeks ago.I still haven't recieve anything yet.He said 3 weeks ago,UPS would ship them Monday,well,tomorrow will be 3 Mondays cone and gone.Last night I filed a dispute with E-Bay and Pay-Pal about him.He sent me a tracking number last week,I called the UPS tracking "hot line" (whatever it's called),and they said he had an "intent to ship" and a tracking number,but no packages have been sent yet.What to do now????I suppose a lot of this is venting,but I've tried contactine him through e-bay about 6 times,and I am now trying to find a phone number or e-mail.

• Sponsors (?)

3 1/2 weeks is far too long to ship a set of headers. I usually try to get stuff out within a day or two of when i get payment. Sometimes stuff happens but I will email and apologize for the delay.

All that the intent to ship means is that he has printed out and paid for the shipping but hasn't dropped the package off yet.

I would start the procedure to get your money back. I had an issue with a guy over on corral in which I bought a trackheat intake, sent him payment via paypal on a credit card and he never sent the intake. Had lots of excuses about being out of town and this that and the other. After waiting a couple of months, trying to be a patient guy, I came to the conclusion that he wouldn't ship it. I tried to go through paypal but they wouldn't do anything cause it had been longer than what ever their time limit is for filing a complaint. So I called my CC company and pulled the payment. Low and behold a week later my intake showed up. I sent the money back to the guy. Sometimes it takes a kick in the ass to get them to do the right thing.

Makes me wonder about the things I bought this past week. Everything has been from a company short of my brake booster and MC, and thats the only one I have no shipping number, or any real contact with the owner. I think Ill send an email asking for one, and see what happens...

To many people out there looking to rip others off for a quick easy dollar.

Paypal will likely give you your money back, 30 days from when you file the claim.
What does his feedback look like?

One time i had paypal return a companys money to me, and the morons still shipped me the item 3 months late. I kept both.

Tonys89GT said:
If you payed with paypal it will take about 4-6 weeks, but you will most likely get your money back.

thats way too long. i bought a supercharger via paypal on a thursday, and the supercharger was at my door the fololowing wednesday.

carbed87 said:
thats way too long. i bought a supercharger via paypal on a thursday, and the supercharger was at my door the fololowing wednesday.
ummm..I wasnt talking about receiving parts. If he files a claim with paypal to get his money back, it takes at least 4 weeks.

I got with E-Bay and Pay-Pal and filed a dispute.All of the sudden after I've tried and tried to get in touch with him,he replies.He stated that he dropped the package off to be shipped and he'd check into.He told me to check his feedback,which is 100%.He sems proud of his feedback.I told him that if I didn't get the headers,I'll leave negative feedback and let E-Bay and Pay-Pal do what they have to do.I'm sure I can get me money back since I paid through Pay-Pal,but if it comes down to it,I'd still rather have the headers.I suppose there's always another set of them somewhere.I'll let you all know tomorrow what happens.Stay tuned.....................

Well,after filing an official complaint through pay-Pal yesterday,he sends me a message stating that my package was at the UPS Store with a torn label......for 3 weeks.I asked him why he hasn't responded to me in weeks when I was asking where my headers were,and why,when I paid 6 hours after the bidding on the 21st of June,has he still NOT left me positive feedback for my quick payment,I did my part.I told him that I think he's holding my feedback for "ransom" until he gets the feedback he thinks he deserves.Can you protest a negative feedback through E-bay???Anyway,he said if I check the tracking today,I'll see that the package is actually in transit.There's the update.