Ecm Question

Tom R

Jul 2, 2016
Phoenix, Az
I've always thought you had to buy a predator or something like it to reprogram the ecm. I don't know if this guy yesterday was blowing smoke but he told me that if you have the key on without running the motor and press the traction control button a number of times it would reset the computer to a "sport" mode giving me more power in my 12 GT..... I grew up working on carbs and distributors so can someone please update me ....thanks

• Sponsors (?)

No additional "power", but I know on my 13 GT if I hold the brake pedal and hit the traction control twice it puts it in AdvanceTrak Sports Mode (it shows this on my dash) which allows "some" wheel spin and drifting but will still kick in traction control if it gets away from you. This is better than just turning traction control all the way off IMO (unless you are at the track and need to warm the tires up of course).

Reactions: 1 user
Brembo and track-pack cars had – Unique AdvanceTrac® Electronic Stability Control tuning.....whatever that means. Its activated by pushing the traction button and brake in a certain sequence.

Reactions: 1 user
That's pretty cool. Wish I could do that with mine but of course I have the standard V6 bare bones aside from the Ruby Red paint and tinted windows. LOL I put some stuff on it so I'm good. That sounds complicated though.. I'm sure they mention it in the owner's manual.