Ecoboost Exhausts - Looking For A Deep Sound

Hi all,

While I'm waiting for my 2016 to get a build date, I'll start posing questions.

I'm coming from a 2104 Fiesta Titanium. I replaced it's exhaust with Mountune's euro-market model because it gave me the deepest sound I could find on a cat-back for the 1.6L engine.

Given that this will be my first foray into the Mustang, and with the whole year's worth of experience that's come about on the EB model, what are some of your opinions on exhausts? I'd like to keep as low a note as possible, to avoid sounding like a Civic driver. Thanks, and I hope to be able to show you my progress on this new road!

• Sponsors (?)

Hi all,

While I'm waiting for my 2016 to get a build date, I'll start posing questions.

I'm coming from a 2104 Fiesta Titanium. I replaced it's exhaust with Mountune's euro-market model because it gave me the deepest sound I could find on a cat-back for the 1.6L engine.

Given that this will be my first foray into the Mustang, and with the whole year's worth of experience that's come about on the EB model, what are some of your opinions on exhausts? I'd like to keep as low a note as possible, to avoid sounding like a Civic driver. Thanks, and I hope to be able to show you my progress on this new road!
I would look towards the guys at JPC Racing in MD, the have done quite a bit with their ecoboost car and could likely point you in a better direction than myself

The Eco Boost Mustangs are definitely cool in their own right but if it where me I would leave the exhaust as it is from the factory. Nothing will replace the sound of bigger dismantlement and if you do not want to fit into the Tuner crowed than leave well enough alone.

Traitor's post here. :oops:

GM has yet to put out anything with the power/fuel economy of Ford's EcoBoost lineup. And right now, while there are several very nice GM cars on the market, I can't respect the company yet. They'll have to make a lot of changes at that level to earn my trust back.

I've concluded the Magnaflow Street Scene exhaust is going to give me the best sound possible for what I want. So now I just have to wait for my car to be built.

Sent from my iPad using Fingers

Reactions: 1 user
Initially I was considering an axle back system, but they all require cutting on install. So I was considering a cat-back system for that reason. I'm looking at the either the Magnaflow Street or the MBRP XP street series. I want a deeper sound than factory, but not too loud. I saw a post of a concern with a negative impact on the turbo though. Any recommendations or feedback?