ECU Power Plug

• Sponsors (?)

sorry, no, i recomend not using it
also, use the search, we must have something somewhere right?
all it is is a resistor, it tricks your computer into thinking there is more, cooler air coming in then there actually is, therefore adjusting the fuel ratio etc. yes, this will end up giving you a slight power increase, although i dont have one, i dont think tricking your computer is a good idea to begin with, just get a real chip, lol

Dveres95 said:
I just bought this ECU power plug in, it says its suppose to add Hp to your car.

Heres the site - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&item=7915112449&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT

Let me know if you think this thing might work!

The statement below should have scared you away, b/c mustangs have been mass air equipped since the late 80's, yet this particular ad says it will work on a 95-99 V6 Mustang?? The seller is an idiot. Anywho, at least your not out much money but I would throw it in the trash if I were you. I would not put that thing anywhere near my car, but that's just me.

EBAY Description said:
Condition: WILL NOT WORK ON MODELS WITH MASS AIRFLOW SENSORS.

Will this hurt my car, motor, computer etc.???

NO this will not hurt your car or have any negative effect on your motor, computer whatsoever. It is impossible to damage your engine with this mod... In Fact this mod will actually work with your car the way it is designed. Use premium fuel for best results

:bs: This does exactly what ghostalker said, it makes your car think that it will have more air coming in through the MAF adding more gas. i.e. really f*** up your engine. and yes, this will void your warranty. don't use it. you only lost 2.95. your car is worth it.

basically all it is, is a resistor that plugs in, that u can get at radio shack for a quarter.

It won't do **** all, either way.

It's the same IAT mod that's been out there for years. Slap a resistor in series with your IAT sensor, engine thinks the air is cooler, adds slightly more fuel. Has nothing to do with MAF. The only reason they say it won't work on newer MAF Mustangs is that the IAT and MAF are routed through the same connector, so you can't unplug it to "install" this mod without cutting off your MAF signal.

It's not going to get you any more performance. Factory WOT fuel maps already err on the rich side of things. Injecting more fuel will just make it richer, and richer means less power.

BUT, it's not really gonna hurt anything. The tiny, fractional amount of difference that having the ECU think you have 40 degree cooler will make is almost zip. Might richen you up at WOT from 12.2:1 to 12.0:1. Not enough to do anything either way, really.

I wouldn't bother with it. But if you're one of those people that swears up and down that you can "feel" a difference (you can't), and it makes you feel better...well nuts, go ahead and use it. :)

DanM said:
Heh, you're beyond rich. You're using so much fuel that you're probably single handedly driving the gas prices through the roof. :)
We're just waiting to hear from the tuner to get the program for my new Micro Tuner so I should be on the dyno by lunch. <crosses fingers>