Engine Eec-iv Pin 37 + 57 Security Interrupt Help

chuzie

Jul 22, 2011
So I used to have my security interrupt on the starter circuit from the IGN but I figured someone could easily pop the hood and jumper the solenoid.

Then I thought about moving the interrupt to the fuel pump but doing so would cause me to lose my initial key-on priming ability as I disable the interrupt after key-on.

My next option was to place the interrupt on pins 37 + 57 (VPWR). I inserted the interrupt at the 60-pin plug. That seems logical; kill power to the EEC and the engine can't run.

Well, somehow, I can run it with those two wires interrupted!

WTF?

This is an RJM harness. With the EEC relay pulled it will not start so I don't understand why interrupting 37 +57 doesn't work. I see nothing in the RJM diagram that indicates an additional power source. There has to be something spliced into the harness between the relay block and the 60-pin connector providing power. I thought about KAPWR but that is hot regardless of the EEC relay or 37+57 status.

:cool:

• Sponsors (?)

The engine will run with no computer at all, but the injectors won't pulse. What you get is a brief startup and then the engine dies. No power to pin 37/57 does the same thing. It's like squirting a shot of starting fluid in the intake and then cranking the engine: it fires off but quickly dies.

Well crap. I didn't run it for more than 10sec so you may be right. Either way, too late now. Already relocated the interrupt to the EEC relay and all is well.

Thanks.