EFI swap progress (pics)

He installed 30#/hr injectors because he was getting it ready for a 347 stroker set-up along with a set of heads and a cam. But, he never got to it after he wrecked it. So, now it's mine. :D
I don't plan on putting a 347 in it any time SOON, but probably eventually. I want to put in a good cam and rebuild for now, because the thing already runs great. It's still running pretty rich even with the regulator turned all the way down, but not rich enough to foul plugs or anything like that. The cam should open it up quite a bit and will even out the mixture. I probably won't have to touch the regulator because the lowest setting just may work fine with a cam. :shrug:

I'm thinking I may try to get a rebuild computer, and distributor with the TFI on it from a parts house or something. Then try to find the barometric pressure sensor and install them all so I can use the custom harness from www.fordfuelinjection.com

The difference between the 87-93 distributor and the 94-95 is that the 87-93 has the TFI built right onto the distributor. The 94-95 has a "TFI" Module mounted on the passenger side in the engine compartment.

So, I will probably go the more expensive route of buying the Fox electronics needed (computer, distributor, and baro sensor) and install the custom harness from ford fuel injection. Hopefully this setup will work. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Sell the 30's and matching maf it's over injecting it.

What do you mean with the lowest setting?

You don't want to drop the pressure below 36 psi.

Better to find yourself some lowmilage 19's which can be had for very very cheap. Just look in the corral classifieds or on here. Or place a looking for......... Then set the fuel pressure at around 44 psi. The plus side is that you can use a stock maf which you can get dirt cheap or buy a c&L for 19's. That way you save some cash for other things like the fox computer.

You can also mention your looking for a good distriburator and bap sensor. Or go to the junkyard.

I've never had a problem with a computer when I've bought it used so save some bucks and buy one used.

That harness is expensive but easy to install. But if you really sit back and look at a harness from a fox along with a wiring diagram. It's easy also. It'll save some extra bucks for performance parts :)

I'm thinking I may just spend the extra $80 or so to have it custom made for my application. It would cost less in the long run. After I buy the distributor, computer, and bap sensor, it may cost quite a bit.

What I mean by lowest "setting" is that the Aeromotive pressure regulator is on lowest setting. That's what he told me. :shrug:

Fostang, I found a Fox A9P computer going for $80 on eBay. :nice: I may buy it. Then find a distributor w/ TFI and the BAP sensor. That should be it right? Have you eliminated the EGR on any of your cars?

A9P is an 89 mass air auto computer and it should work.

When it comes to eliminating stuff like the canister purge, tad, tab, and egr. I usually use Tweecer simple plug in eliminate and forget about it.

Works well with other mods also.

Well, I finally got some pics of the engine out of the car. Just got it put on the engine stand a couple days ago. Looks kinda ugly, but looks can be deceiving. :nice:
I know I definitely need to paint it Ford blue and want to put Trick Flow valve covers on it. But that all comes AFTER the rebuild and cam. ;)

DCP_1973.JPG

DCP_1974.JPG

DCP_1975.JPG

Bought a TFI distributor for $56 and a A9P computer off eBay for $128. So, all I need now is the BAP sensor and the metal ACT sensor which are almost $80 for both of them combined and I'm good to go.

I got some pics tonight also. I got the brackets off and stuff, test fitted the early-model timing chain cover, and test fitted the oil pan I want to use.

DCP_1988.JPG

DCP_1989.JPG

Well, my parts from Ron Morris Performance came today and I got the engine pulled out of my '65! Didn't take too long to do that. Next thing that needs done is to clean up shop. The garage is a mess. :p You know how that goes.