elect fuel pump, reg, gears

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

off topic but how much time/money/effort went into the turbo set-up? and would u only recommend the 3.55's for something that strong? Ive got a '65 w/ a crate 302 and im considering 3.55's and I wanted to know how that might perform. Appreciate it.

off topic but how much time/money/effort went into the turbo set-up? and would u only recommend the 3.55's for something that strong? Ive got a '65 w/ a crate 302 and im considering 3.55's and I wanted to know how that might perform. Appreciate it.

the turbo set up itself is worth it by any means. whether you want to go blower or turbo the cost is the about the same maybe a little less. there are post in the classic tech section on the build if you want to see the specifics.

if you have a C4 (3 speed auto) or four speed (stick) your most likely not want to go any higher then a 3.55 gear because of the cruising rpm on the freeway. a 3.55 gear is much better then the stock gears of coarse and you will see a big improvement in take off and throttle response with those gears. if you have overdrive like i do then you can get the steeper gear and still have an easy cruise rpm. with a turbo car you don't need the steeper gear...lucky me:D

Status
Not open for further replies.