Electric Air/fuel Ratio Guage Questoin???

lstew48

Jul 31, 2014
Alright, I have a 00 v6 mustang and I bought this electric gauge kit because I had a little extra money to spend on it. Just got it all hooked up and am wondering if this is how the air fuel ratio is supposed to be working? I was under the impression that it would move according to when my gas pedal moves but it seems to be doing its own thing.

My question is, is this how this gauge is supposed to work? Or do I need to put a wide band oxygen sensor in the pipe. Because I believe it is just a stock narrow band sensor that I tapped into.

I know the narrow band sensor in the pipe now does not give accurate readings like a wideband will but is my problem the guage? And please don't tell me I should have bought an expensive wideband gauge and what not.I liked how this one looked, and im obviously not doing any hot rodding in a v6 mustang. Just like to have new gadgets and I like working on the stuff. I just want to know if this is how it is supposed to work.

Any one else with these type of gauges I would like to see how yours work!
Thanks for any help :)

Watch the video! You can hear me rev the engine as well with no real changes to the gauge.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geZ3qSVa8pE

• Sponsors (?)