Electrical Issue - Help Needed

Hello, all. Over the past couple of months, I've been installing a 1993 5.0 engine in my 1966 convertible. I've got it in and about ready to start it up but I am having a quirky issue with the 66 wiring. I've got all of the lights, internal and external, working as advertised, but when I activate the directional signals, either one, all four directional lights flash. The emergency flasher operates properly, also. I've gone through the steering column wiring and can find nothing amiss. I DID remove the steering column during the engine exchange but I did not make any changes to that wiring. I was hoping that someone out there might have experienced this issue and might point me int he right direction to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like you've got two wires shorting together. Start poking around, something got shorted. You said 4 ways work ok? Just for the heck of it try a new flasher, could be shorted out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes double check your work on column. It's real easy to bend or break a small pin. Pay particular attention to wires for signals. Do a wiggle test on wires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk