Engine Miss After Intake Install

2000redstanggt

Dec 8, 2016
My 2000 mustang gt had a coolant leak in thermostat housing after installing new intake it has a miss ive checked all COP connections they seem fine could I have plugged somthing im wrong ??? Ive also noticed that if I rev it in neutral it takes forever For rpm to drop down and return to normal I also know that I have a bad 02. Sensor that I Am replacing tomorrow thanks for all help in advance

• Sponsors (?)

Any vacuum leaks? Double check everything, sometimes it's something simple. Not saying that's a surefire way to a miss, but the slow RPM dropping might have something to do with it. Good luck.

-J

Alright will do, thanks for input I will check for vacuum leaks I just don't understand how it runs great before intake swap (had to swap because thermostat housing was leaking on the old one) but runs like crap afterwards

Ok so I did the old cigar smoke test and all I came up with is that the egr was smoking from the little holes in the bottom I don't know if this means its bad or not. But I did put all new spark plugs in it today and she runs much better but now I have a miss at low rpm so now I'm looking for that