ESP Warranty

Hey,
My car is an '02 and they just sent me the ESP plans. My question is: Is $3000 for the premium warranty for 7 years/10,000 mile warranty worth it, if I will be at te 100,000 mile marker in like 3 years? And it also has a $100 deductible. So, my opinion is that its not worth it b/c i will be paying $3000 plus $100 deductible for a warranty that will last only 3 years b/c of commuting about 20-25,000 miles a year (just started my new job!!! Fresh out of college). So what are the chances that in 3 years my car will have a warranty job that will add up to over $3000? Hopefully slim. So how many people think that I am right at not getting the ESP? How many people have gotten it? Why the hell is it so expensive? Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

You have to ask yourself some things first...

Do you beat on it?
Are you going to make any mods to it?
EXACTLY what does the warranty cover (most are crap to begin with!)?
You only pay the deductible when YOU damage the vehicle, it shouldn't apply when the vehicle self destructs (check the wording in the agreement).
If you're putting a lot of miles on the Stang, then that would be a big consideration, on top of how well do you take care of your car.

I got the 7 year/100,000 ESP Extended Warranty for my 2001 GT. I just bought it in February of 2004. I have a $100 deductible and mine cost $2890. I financed mine over 18 months. I pay $155 per month. It should be paid off by August 2005.

I figure that I will need it because I don't want to pay $2,500 for a transmission or $5,000 for a brand new engine. All of the computer stuff in the GT can run many hundreds of dollars each time a computer module goes. You do the math. You can easily spend $4,000+ out of your pocket if one or two major things goes wrong with your Mustang. I would rather have the warranty cover it.

I don't intend to mod mine and I don't beat on it. I personally beleive that the ESP Extended Warranty is worth having. Oh, I only have almost 1,600 original miles on the GT. I have another 98,400 miles left on the warranty.

How do you have a 3 year old GT with only 1,600 miles on it???? Anyways, I take really good care of my car, actually thinking about switchin to synthetic trans fluid at change, not sure yet, and I change the oil every 3,000 miles, don't really beat on it, yada, yada, yada....The ESP for me seems like a waste b/c my warranty will be up in like 2.5-3 years, not 7 years. The thing about the ESP is that its not like 100,000 miles gets added to your mileage, its starts from when you got your car at 0, so I'll be at like 36,000 by maybe May of next year, if not earlier, so I would only have 64,000 miles left on the warranty and that would last me like 2.5 years maybe more or less. I commute about 100 miles /day. Oh yeah, I bought a new engine for my old t-bird and it was only like 3,000 installed, not 5,000.

PerformanceRed said:
I got the 7 year/100,000 ESP Extended Warranty for my 2001 GT. I just bought it in February of 2004. I have a $100 deductible and mine cost $2890. I financed mine over 18 months. I pay $155 per month. It should be paid off by August 2005.

I figure that I will need it because I don't want to pay $2,500 for a transmission or $5,000 for a brand new engine. All of the computer stuff in the GT can run many hundreds of dollars each time a computer module goes. You do the math. You can easily spend $4,000+ out of your pocket if one or two major things goes wrong with your Mustang. I would rather have the warranty cover it.

I don't intend to mod mine and I don't beat on it. I personally beleive that the ESP Extended Warranty is worth having. Oh, I only have almost 1,600 original miles on the GT. I have another 98,400 miles left on the warranty.

I have a 3 year old GT with only 1,600 miles on it because I also own a 2002 V6 Mustang that's my everyday driver with 21,900 miles on it.

And whoever in here is saying that the ESP Extended Warrranty is not worth it does not know what they are talking about. The ESP Extended Warranty covers things which have a BIG chance of breaking and of costing a fortune to fix. And it can save the owner thousands of dollars in repair bills. Our Mustangs are not as well built as some Japanese cars and they tend to break down and cost a fortune to repair. A tranny alone can go for $2,000+. An engine can cost $4,000+. ABS system failures can cost 500+. And other $hit that breaks can cost just as much. So the ESP Extended Warranty acts as an insurance policy to protect us from spending thousands of dollars in repairs due to inferior American build quality in automotive engineering.

When your engine blows or when you blow a head gasket and you will need $2000 to $4000 to repair these things you will wish that you had purchased the ESP Extended Warranty on your POS Mustangs.

speaking of headgaskets, we investigated today and found their to be 'evidence of headwork' and given that the father of the guy i bought it from was a mechanic (owned his own shop) i would be half surprised if he knew about the tendencies of the head gaskets in the 94-95s and had it replaced.
so i shuld be set until i screw something up!