Ever had that feeling?

gp001

Founding Member
Jun 30, 2001
So. Cal.
Ever been working on a big project and suddenly have that feeling that you missed something a million steps ago? Today while putting some of the parts back on the front of the motor so we could put the engine/trans back in the car, I had this weird feeling. I suddenly questioned whether I had put thread sealer or just thread lock on the flywheel to crank bolts. We sat there starring at the engine/trans combo like the answer was going to fly out at us. Well, it didn't. So, I began the painful process of undoing everything to get to it. Hydraulic line plate, starter, Trans, scattershield, pressure plate & clutch, and finally pulled one of the flywheel to crank bolts. Sure enough, thread lock not thread seal. Well, like the 2MFF saying goes: "If it's worth doin, it's worth doin at least twice".

Any of you ever have that happen, or is it a 2MFF exclusive?

• Sponsors (?)

Well, not so much with the car, but with everyday situations. For instance, I have this routine of locking all my doors at home before leaving and checking them 2-3 times. I even double back in the morning after leaving for work when I have that strange feeling that I've left the garage door open. Old age sucks!

Yeah, it's happened to me. One time I forgot to put the block plate back in when we put the motor back in the car. As I was finishing up the pullies and stuff my friend picked it up and asked if it went somewhere. :bang:

This happened to me once when installing my stereo, I fogot to connect the one of the back speakers. it occeured to me once I had installed the console.

For instance, I have this routine of locking all my doors at home before leaving and checking them 2-3 times. I even double back in the morning after leaving for work when I have that strange feeling that I've left the garage door open.

I never even lock my house. :shrug:

After an intake swap several years ago I realized that one of my shirts that I had been using in the galley was no where to be found...looked everywhere praying I had not done what I thought I had done....sure enough...took the damn thing back apart and there is was under the intake. I swear there was a wrinkle in the shirt that looked like it was grinning at me....

mfp4073 said:
After an intake swap several years ago I realized that one of my shirts that I had been using in the galley was no where to be found...looked everywhere praying I had not done what I thought I had done....sure enough...took the damn thing back apart and there is was under the intake. I swear there was a wrinkle in the shirt that looked like it was grinning at me....
:lol: :rlaugh: That right there made my day.

2nd Mustang said:
Well, not so much with the car, but with everyday situations. For instance, I have this routine of locking all my doors at home before leaving and checking them 2-3 times. I even double back in the morning after leaving for work when I have that strange feeling that I've left the garage door open. Old age sucks!

You need to move :D , I don't think anyone has a key to my house including me, it hasn't been locked since I built it 25 years ago. Oh, and the keys are in both my stangs, ones in the unlocked garage and the other is in the driveway :D

2nd Mustang said:

Should read "For instance, I have this "obsessive compulsion" of locking all my doors ................... :p

Anyway. yeah, that sucks. I made a list so I don't forget the million and one things I need b4 I leave to work.

As for this situation on a car or house project,,,that's when cold Sam Adam's tastes the best.
drinkbeer.gif

Things I've forgotten during big projects...

I once put a clutch disc in my 69 BACKWARDS, not only once, but TWICE in a row. I pulled the tranny literally 3 times in one day. Yeah, I don't know if I was just tired, or the car was leaking gas and I was high, or what, but WOW that was stupid.

First time was an honest mistake. Disc wasn't labeled, and it was my first time doing a clutch, with no help.

When I figured out what I did, and pulled the tranny again, I was taking the pressure plate off when the disc dropped out and onto the floor. Where I promptly forgot which way I had put it in the first time. So I did it wrong. Again.

The third time, I couldn't be bothered to take the tranny all the way out, so I halfway set it on a hydraulic jack, backed it out until the input shaft cleared the pressure plate, and basically held it up with my own skull while flipping the disc around. Yeah, I'm kinda dumb.

skywalker said:
When I put my T-5 in, I worked until My help refused to help anymore.

Hey the same thing happened to me. Can you belive the nerve of some people walking away with a tranny still laying on the ground. :rlaugh:

Actually I gave up shortly after that, but I went right back out there like the nut I am and cramed that sucker in there the next morning, even though I had the wrong clutch and totally crushed it. Sometimes I'm just too dumb for myself. :stupid: