Engine Every Time My Car Is In Drive And I Press The Gas It Just Revs The Engine Like I'm In Neutral.

Justin sharp

Jan 22, 2016
Hey guys I have a 1998 Mustang GT with an automatic transmission and whenever I'm in Drive and go to press the gas it revs the engine as if I'm in neutral. I recently put some stuff in to see if it was my gears slipping and to help that but it just made it worse and I can't get over 25mph. Any idea of what I could be? Did my transmission just go out?

• Sponsors (?)

Did you check your transmission fluid level on the dipstick? If its low, add and see if that helps. If its good, your transmission will need further diagnosis. Mine just went bad and I'm in the process of replacing it. How many miles on you Stang?

Did you check your transmission fluid level on the dipstick? If its low, add and see if that helps. If its good, your transmission will need further diagnosis. Mine just went bad and I'm in the process of replacing it. How many miles on you Stang?
I checked it last night and it seemed to be good before I added stuff into it since my brother works at a local auto parts store I took it in and he did some stuff that made it better then just got extremely bad today where it's not drivable. My odometer has 205,184 but the engine has been rebuilt and it wasn't reset so there's not a way for me to know exactly how many miles are on it

I have taken two pictures of both sides of the dipstick

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    198.9 KB · Views: 189
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    207.5 KB · Views: 173