Exhaust Question

Kippy

Mar 6, 2016
I currently have a Borla Atak catback system on my 2013 GT. It's a little too much with the off road h-pipe. I was wondering if I could replace the current Atak mufflers from the catback with S-type axleback mufflers?

• Sponsors (?)

I currently have a Borla Atak catback system on my 2013 GT. It's a little too much with the off road h-pipe. I was wondering if I could replace the current Atak mufflers from the catback with S-type axleback mufflers?
I have the S-type Mufflers with LT kooks headers and and Off-Road H pipe.... It still really loud.. which i love, i just don't think you would be satisfied. If the borla's are too loud i would go to a Gt500 muffler in the rear. They are a lot less restrictive vs the stock ones, but tame the loudness quite a bit from the off road pipes. But to answer your question yes the s type mufflers will fit in place of the attak mufflers. The gt500 mufflers will fit as well on the borla catback system. The only real difference is the diameter in the over axle pipes, not the length of the pipes. Hope this helps!

I can't remember what the exact model number is, but I have the "Ford Racing" mufflers made by Borla. They have a nice, deep, cam'd tone to them without being too loud (no rasp at all). Sounds very smooth and low-ended. I can vouch and tell you the highway drone and WOT noise are acceptable with an off-road h pipe setup.

I had the Atak catback and it was obscene and I got rid of it and replaced it with the RTR Tactical Performance Street Spec Axle-Back and it still sounds good much much quieter and doesn't have the popping anymore either.