Exhaust Tips

I have a borla stinger catback on my GT. The finish on the tips is really beat up and and even after polishing they still look pretty bad. I am looking at replacing them with the set from MRT (I prefer the 3.5" anyway and i always felt that the stinger tips were too short. I hated seeing the area where the side of the tip starts to meet the exhaust pipe).

Anyway, I was wondering if it is possible to cut the old tips off and slide the new ones on without welding (its hard for me to get the car into a shop, plus i want to be able to adjust them how i want them). I know it says they are a direct replacement for catbacks that have slide on tips like magnaflows, but I am not familiar with how the joint is set up on those systems or whether or not the MRT tip would be able to slide over a cut section of my exhaust.

Also it said it includes hangers. Would these need to be welded on as well? The piture seemed to indicate that they did not come welded on. If anyone has any answers i would greatly appreciate them.

• Sponsors (?)

you can possibly just slide them on and use tourqe tights but welding them in will look better and there is no risk of them moving around,just welded a pair of 3.5" slant cut tips was deff worth it plus you might make a little more noise belive it or not.