Factory Paint

NJBob

Dec 18, 2014
NJ
Is it me or does everyone else notice that road dirt, is chipping up their fron facia and hood. I always keep my cars clean and in the garage and I have had this car since last December with only about 6,000 miles and I know every inch and see a lot more chips than I ever have with other cars I owned.

I know ford tried to sell me the $1000 plastic stick on tape, but I didn't like the seems....I'm at the point that I might have the car front end repainted at a high class place in about a year when I cant take it anymore...

Yes I'm anal, but it seems more of an issue with this car than any other I have owned...

• Sponsors (?)

Its the new water based low VOC paint they use now. Its like the difference between lacquer and enamel based solvents. You can take an old car from the 60s and buff the shine right back into it.... Didn't even need a clear coat. The paints keep getting thinner...it sucks but the trees can breath.lol

If you opted to do the Expel or 3M Clear bra installed by a high-end installer, the seams will be less noticeable, certainly from a 3 ft view.

Only thing you can do is Dr. Colorchip every x-miles and respray when it gets really bad.