Fan Wont Turn On

RickSample

Jan 18, 2016
Hi everyone,
I just noticed my fan wont turn on unless my AC is on. We had an overheating problem a year ago (after a grand spent, I think the problem originated with the fan not coming on). We were in a parade on a hot day, ac was off, temperature got hot. We replaced the thermostat, radiator, water pump, flushed the system, etc. After all that work the temperature is reading around 190-200.... better than the 220 it was reading. I thought we had the problem fixed. While driving it's not an issue.. the temp stays around 190-200.

I noticed while letting it idle, the temperature will keep climbing and the fan won't come on. I'll turn the AC on, the fan will kick on, temp falls to 190. I know the fan won't kick on till gets warmer probably a little above 200. But always in the back of my head is that whatever is causing this will shut the fan completely off even with the AC on.

I read that it could be 1 of 2 things. The CCRM or the ECT. After spending that much fixing the car, I don't feel like replacing both lol. I was hoping someone had a similar issue and could point me in the correct diction as to which one it could be.

Also, I know where the CCRM is located on my 1995 V6, but where is the ECT?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)