Fiberglass Hood Install

bdptcob

Aug 23, 2014
I installed a cervini fiberglass hood on my 1990. It doesn't have the metal lever bar thing that makes the stock hood pop when the release is pulled. So, I have to pull the release and have someone else lift the hood. I read that the hood should be light enough to pop without the bar or spring, but mine is not. Anyone else run into this issue?

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, where the latch hooks, it's metal reinforced. The stock hood has a metal bar that applies pressure when the hood is closed. The cervini does not have that bar and cervini says it's not needed because the hood is light enough to pop up when the hood release is pulled, but it's just not popping up for me.

Well if it does not pop up simply move the bar to the new hood.
Thought about it, but there's not a spot for it. And I'd have to remove the riveted metal latch area that cervini did. I'll play around with it. Might look into a small spring if I can't figure it out. Thanks for the help and quick responses.

I have the latch hooked up and the pins. I have enough slack in my pins i pop my hood which pops right up against my pins and remove my pins and open it . No issues.