FINALLY! Grill Work and CDC Stuff Installed.

marvinmycat

Founding Member
Feb 13, 2002
Buffalo, NY
I know it's dirty, but I finally got around to getting all the stuff fabricated and installed!

I used to have the radiator and valance painted black with this expesive $35/can spray paint, but it still kept getting chipped so I decided to go with just plain aluminum...
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• grillwork.jpg
    grillwork.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 308
  • grillwork2.jpg
    grillwork2.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 277
  • Sponsors (?)

When I got the CDC side scoops and side exhaust, I wanted to carry the theme back to the scoops as well as make the side vents functional. So I went ahead and installed 95-96 functional side vents so the scoops wouldn't act as mini parachutes and used more aluminum grill to cover the scoop inlets. This of course led to my repainting the rear fender wells with black truck bed liner. It turned out great!

If anyone needs some extra help in installing the side scoops and exhaust, just reply and I'll post a how-to. The scoops were a PITA to do - lousy fit.

Let me know what you think, I can take insults (constructive critisism that is).

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• side-exhaust.jpg
    side-exhaust.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 285
  • side-exhaust2.jpg
    side-exhaust2.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 283
Looks pretty good - very original indeed. I would have never thought of this combination ;) It'd look better without the front plate though! (Even though I know it's required...)

~Amber

I like the side scoops. I know you criticized me about the cdc chin spoiler, then you get the side scoops and side exhaust???LOL :rlaugh: .

They are nice, oh yeah. The 94 mustangs had functional side scoops too. Cause mine does of course. :D

You have aluminum plating stoping the air flow to your radiator or is it mesh?? If its solid aluminum the car could possibly get a little hot in a nice summer day, which anyone knows will shorten the life of engines.

The grill work is just that, a grill made of sheet aluminum with holes in it.

Did I criticize you for putting on a chin spoiler. I don't recall, as I think they are a good idea.

No, the Pony stays. It's the GEFRacing lightup pony!

Thanks guys.

It looks good. It just seems to be missing something in the front... either a chin spoiler or a different front bumper cover would complete that package... Otherwise, nice.

duuude, i like the side scoops man, i was thinking of that a little while back, but wanted to see it on a car first, the whole side vent grille concept, so thanks for the pics, and my car is green (well its greenish blue, (Deep Forest Green)) but if i were to do it i think i would used a mesh that was a little more spaced out... like horizontally spaced maybe...

97v6Silver said:
i swear marvin that second picture of your side scoops mkes your car look so photoshopped in there it's crazy... anybody else notcie that?

No... you can see numerous reflections on the car and the scoop. Why would someone go into that much detail photoshopping a scoop onto a car? :shrug:

no like the car looks photoshopped onto the driveway, well the front does anyway not so much the back, i wasn't saying the work he did looked photoshopped sorry if i gave you that impression...