Fireworks accident!

mustangillusion

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2001
Oklahoma
My family and I did our independence day celebration yesterday, since everybody was off work. Im normally the one that lights all the fireworks while everybody else sits back and watches. Im always real careful because I know how dangerous they can be, and how alot of idiots take them for granted. Anyway I got to build the bonfire instead and my two brothers in law lit all the fireworks. We had a real nice time and everything went as planned, untill it was time to clean up. After the big fireworks were done everybody was sitting around talking while the kids played with the sparklers. My two brothers (like idiots) dumped all the burnt fireworks in the bonfire so that they wouldnt have to carry it to the trash bin. Well after about 5 minutes we found or selves running and taking cover and trying to dodge hundreds of fireballs shooting straight at us. It sounded like a mortar round going off. Just when we thought everybody was ok my friends 6 month old baby daughter started crying. Apparently one of the fireballs hit his jersey while he was running with her trying to take cover and melted the jersey right onto her leg. You know I just wish some people would get a little common sense. I guess it takes someone getting hurt before some idiots to learn a lesson.

• Sponsors (?)

Man, something similar happened to me. My friend threw a few roman candles into the fire we had going, and didn't care to inform anybody. Moments later, fireballs were shooting out everywhere, hitting me in the eye. Luckily, I blinked just in time, but I've got some burns around my right eye, and my eye brow is completely gone.

You know also yesterday my wife and some of her family were taking fireworks and making them go off at peoples feet. Of coarse they thought it was hilarious but I think its retarded (sofa king we tod did :rlaugh: ) lol. People just dont have respect for fireworks as they should, I dont know why they wouldnt because technically they are minature explosives.

If it makes you feel any better, I had a cousin throw an "empty" box of .22 rounds in a fire one night. Needless to say I happened to be the only one around the fire as they began to cook off. Been awhile since I felt like hurting someone that badly. Sometimes the gene pool just needs a thorough cleaning.

Yea she should be fine. She didnt cry long, but the wound looked nasty. Even when they cleaned it and wrapped it up she didnt cry. She's going to be a tough ol' bird. If it would have happened to me I would still by crying and whining about it. :rlaugh: