First Mods

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah you can always save money for the engine swap. But I have a 2V 4.6 and that is also a good set up. I bought my 2003 GT 4 months ago with 81k miles and bone stock. Of course now I've made some modifications now; Mach 400 clutch, Ford racing TOB, AIRAID CAI system, and just recently a short throw shifter by pro 5.0. And just with those mods alone and no tune my car is a completely different machine. The clutch and short shifter make it feel like a race car.

So let us know @Spencer Sikora if your mustang is a 5 speed or automatic and that will help us out.

Yeah you can always save money for the engine swap. But I have a 2V 4.6 and that is also a good set up. I bought my 2003 GT 4 months ago with 81k miles and bone stock. Of course now I've made some modifications now; Mach 400 clutch, Ford racing TOB, AIRAID CAI system, and just recently a short throw shifter by pro 5.0. And just with those mods alone and no tune my car is a completely different machine. The clutch and short shifter make it feel like a race car.

So let us know @Spencer Sikora if your mustang is a 5 speed or automatic and that will help us out.
Sorry I didnt get back to you earlier. It's an auto

You sound like you got a good mod list in your head right now. Tires are important for sure For racing and just for comfortable driving. You don't want to whip the tail of your car out on accident and trust me it's very easy to do in rwd V8. The AIRAID or the K&N are the only cold air intakes that will NOTICEABLY give you a power boost without a tune. And the AIRAID Is the most recently engineered and most modern design for the 1999-2004 mustangs and that's why it gives such a dramatic power increase. Unless you want to take your car to the track every weekend don't bother with sub frame connectors. If you just like to drive your mustang... do an occasional burnout... and have fun like me, then don't worry about pointless suspension mods like that. And also the bbk throttle body and plenum is basically a gimmick it doesn't really make any power. And it only comes in a 73mm and a 78mm I believe and what you want my friend is a 75mm throttle body.

Don't dismiss the sub frame connectors so quickly. In addition to handling and traction improvements, they also make for a more comfortable ride.

Adding more rigidity to the chassis makes those bumps in the road less bone jarring. It also cuts down on rattling plastic interior issues.

If you end up making big power or getting those hard launching steep gears, sub frames cut down on the torsional forces that wrinkle and fatigue body panels. Think about slowly twisting an empty soda can. It start to wrinkle and indent. The body of it weakens with that damage. Sfc resist that twisting force.

Don't dismiss the sub frame connectors so quickly. In addition to handling and traction improvements, they also make for a more comfortable ride.

Adding more rigidity to the chassis makes those bumps in the road less bone jarring. It also cuts down on rattling plastic interior issues.

If you end up making big power or getting those hard launching steep gears, sub frames cut down on the torsional forces that wrinkle and fatigue body panels. Think about slowly twisting an empty soda can. It start to wrinkle and indent. The body of it weakens with that damage. Sfc resist that twisting force.

This thread is about first mods. Any car in general that has enough power to noticeably warp/fatigue the chassis or the body panels must have thousands $$$$ worth of modifications and be making extreme power. Sub frames as a first mod will disappoint you @Spencer Sikora .

I found my car in February. Low mileage and body in great shape. Wished to keep it that way. Sub frame connectors were my first mod.

But I saw the benefits of them prior to that on my 04 GT, my friends 89 fox body, his wife's 89 fox body, a co workers supercharged 98 cobra. My 04 was modded to death and Procharged. Never met anyone that regretted having them. To each their own.

You want power mods first, i vote off road pipe, gears, j mod the transmission. Lots of fun in those three. Drop springs to lose the 4x4 look.

Lots of guys on here used to say 70 mm throttle bodies for stock NA cars. 75 and bigger for boosted, cammed, nitrous cars.

Happy modding.