First Road Trip

Boosted92LX

It's only an inch or two. What's the big deal?
15 Year Member
Dec 19, 2010
Hoping to make the hour drive tomorrow to @hoopty5.0 s place in the car. Wish me luck, the dang thing caught FIRE on the way home from work Thursday. I spent all day today fixing stuff. Fried wiring, vac hoses, etc. what a mess! Hopefully she makes it and we can get some sweet pics!

• Sponsors (?)

Fire ? Wtf

Yeah that's exactly what i said. I had a catch can that was mounted over an exhaust line. (See stupid) i was unable to baffle the bung in the valve cover as they are stock and it wouldn't clear my roller rockers. Mistake number three was a downhill slope on the braided line to the can. It all added up to the can filling up fast, and soaking my header wrap in oil. Poof. I spent all day yesterday relocating the can, fixing wiring, hoses and trying to clean up soot. No exterior paint was damaged but the driverside engine bay was. I'll have to fix it when my stroker goes in i guess. :(

Anyway, i took it for a short drive last night, hopefully I'm not stuck on the highway today. Lol

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks bud!
Stop being a wiener. It's an hour. It's not even a "hop" in a hop-skip-jump scenario.
To think you're gonna let a stupid piddly little thing like an electrical fire worry you.......well, time to man up.

Get your orange triangle set, roadside flares, blank piece of cardboard and black sharpie ( for desperate pleas for "help" sign) your cell phone, and head on out.

** better take one of those aluminum space blankets just to be safe,.....it's getting a little cold now.;)

sorry to hear about your fire man. Glad it wasn't major. Let me know if you need any parts

I appreciate that, sir. For now, if i do need anything it will be part of a wiring harness. I unwrapped as much as i could, inspected, and rewrapped. If any problems arise... We'll see. I think I'm good though.

Stop being a wiener. It's an hour. It's not even a "hop" in a hop-skip-jump scenario.
To think you're gonna let a stupid piddly little thing like an electrical fire worry you.......well, time to man up.

Get your orange triangle set, roadside flares, blank piece of cardboard and black sharpie ( for desperate pleas for "help" sign) your cell phone, and head on out.

** better take one of those aluminum space blankets just to be safe,.....it's getting a little cold now.;)

You know what?!!!!

Never mind.

BTW.... @hoopty5.0 and I went into old town where he lives and got a ton of REALLY cool pics. Stay tuned for the "boosted and hoopty show" as Collin put it! Excited!:)

Wow Mike, has it been that long since your last turbo car? Give boosted a break. You know as well as I do that the only roadside triangles turbo cars require are these....
images646HDLCU.jpg

I continue to use mine, but boosted is actually driving his car.......keep it up Boosted.

Wow Mike, has it been that long since your last turbo car? Give boosted a break. You know as well as I do that the only roadside triangles turbo cars require are these....
images646HDLCU.jpg

I continue to use mine, but boosted is actually driving his car.......keep it up Boosted.

I'm here to tell you, if anybody feels the need to throw a pair of those things, and the required floor jack to put the car on them just to go across town,......it's time to re evaluate the intended purpose of the car.

I have a jack stand and small floor jack in my spare tire well. Not because I'll need it someday, but to keep murphy's law at bay. As long as I have it, I won't need it.

It's all good, I think it's funny.

I carry a jackstand in the back just in case... Lol

I have a jack stand and small floor jack in my spare tire well. Not because I'll need it someday, but to keep murphy's law at bay. As long as I have it, I won't need it.

See...Right.....this my friends is a combination of Turbo Car dynamics and the squared velocity of voodoo. I've studied this in depth and found that I keep Murphy, and component failure, down to a minimum the longer I leave my jack and stands.....wait for it.....under the car. That's right gents, I've kept her up there not for improvement, but to ensure there is no degradation. Next week I'll show you guys how to keep Murphy away by not allowing your significant other behind the wheel of your toys. That's right, science has proven that it positively attracts Murphy and may lead to premature jack stand utilization....

Reactions: 2 users
See...Right.....this my friends is a combination of Turbo Car dynamics and the squared velocity of voodoo. I've studied this in depth and found that I keep Murphy, and component failure, down to a minimum the longer I leave my jack and stands.....wait for it.....under the car. That's right gents, I've kept her up there not for improvement, but to ensure there is no degradation. Next week I'll show you guys how to keep Murphy away by not allowing your significant other behind the wheel of your toys. That's right, science has proven that it positively attracts Murphy and may lead to premature jack stand utilization....
Isn't there some kinda pill to help with that?

:lol: Thanks for the laugh rd!