First Time At The Track

Mineral4.6

Mar 17, 2015
Finally got the car out on the track for test n tune today. 4 hours and only 3 passes :/

Made one solid run and second missed a gear and third launched too hard and spun.

First run 14.2 w/ 2.1 60ft 98mph
Second run missed shift ran 15.1 with a 3.2 60ft 98mph
Third run launched at 2200 and spun ran a 14.3 with a 2.3 60ft 98mph.

I think it did okay, I predicted low 14's so I wasn't too upset. And I think it was fairly decent considering street tires. All in all it was a blast.

• Sponsors (?)

Not too bad. My 03 GT when it was NA with full bolt ons and 4.10 gears was running 14.1. I have an auto trans and at the time it had a 2400 stall converter. Now it has the same converter but the trans has been beefed up. I think it'll do a 14 flat or high 13 NA.

Reactions: 1 user
I wanted to get more passes in but I brought my 5yr son out and he was getting pretty tired after 4 hours.

Each pass I tried different rpm launches. Out of the three under 2k got me out of the hole quickest with less tire spin.

Oh I've been hooked for awhile. Grew up watching my dad bracket race in the summers. And can't wait for my son to enjoy watching me race. He is already asking for a jr. Dragster! So happy.

I hope so, the track temp dropped instead of raising during the day. And I started out low rpms and worked my way up. I think my car reacts perfect off the line launching about 1250-1800 rpms. Haven't tried leaving in second yet. Going to focus my next buy on some upper and lower control arms and a pair of weld in subframe connectors. And a helmet :/ didn't realize you need a helmet in the 13's.
Looking forward to bringing the family together on race days. Already planning a bbq in the pits and spending all day getting some passes in.

At the time of my 14.1s I was around 235 lbs and I'm 6'2" also. Us big guys have it rough. If you're a 5 sp then DRs will help a lot. Also, do you have it tuned?

Nope not tuned yet. Just CAI long tubes cat back with BBK cats, short shifter 3.73 gear. I have a set of used Mickey Thompson wrinkle slicks on Set of 15" wheels I will be using next test n tune. My first set of runs where on Nitto NT555's and actual felt pretty good with 30psi

I hope so, the track temp dropped instead of raising during the day. And I started out low rpms and worked my way up. I think my car reacts perfect off the line launching about 1250-1800 rpms. Haven't tried leaving in second yet. Going to focus my next buy on some upper and lower control arms and a pair of weld in subframe connectors. And a helmet :/ didn't realize you need a helmet in the 13's.
Looking forward to bringing the family together on race days. Already planning a bbq in the pits and spending all day getting some passes in.

Don't leave in second gear. It's not good for the tranny and it takes away your mechanical advantage (gearing) leaving the line. You'll 60-foot quicker if you use more launch RPMs but slip the clutch to keep from blowing off the tires.

And yes, control arms and SFCs will help too. :)