Flaming River manual R&P kit, no column, original spindles; complete; 65-70 Mustang

Status
Not open for further replies.

andersenfive

Jun 11, 2011
Raleigh, NC
FR300-65HRNC
1965-70 Mustang Manual Rack & Pinion Cradle Kit: Original Spindles - No Column
product_FR300-65HRNC.jpg

Was bought 5 years ago, never removed from packaging. It came with a project I bought, but I won't be using it. I confirmed with Flaming River it is the EXACT same kit they ship today, no differences: will post pictures soon. There is some slight surface rust on a couple of pieces--while under the plastic in the packaging (I will include images of this, too: Anyone who buys from me knows exactly what they are getting).

This kit is $1,600 from Flaming River directly, plus shipping; $1,419.95 from Summit Racing, plus shipping.

Selling this one for $1,250, shipping included.

Thank you for looking!

Dave Andersen
andersenfive at gmail dot com
Raleigh, NC

From their site:

Flaming River has designed a direct bolt-in rack and pinion steering system for your Classic Mustang! The custom designed quick ratio rack and pinion offers full turning radius and travel, and the patented cradle technology mounts in the original chassis hole locations with no modification required.

* Kits are designed to work with Small Block, Big Block, 351W and 351C engine styles (with or without headers)
* Full turning radius
* Quick Ratio Rack & Pinion with 3-1/2 turns lock to lock
* No chassis or suspension modifications required
* Kits can be purchased with or without Tilt Steering Column
* Lifetime Serviceability

Rack and Pinion Cradle Kit Includes:

* Grade 8 Mounting Hardware
* Wiring Connector
* Universal Joints
* Shaft Support Bearing
* Patented Rack and Pinion Cradle System

NOTE: Though the picture from Flaming River shows the cradle in a red metallic color, it is actually delivered in a matte black painted finish.

• Sponsors (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.