Florida Bus MVC

I know there are quite a few fellow EMS, VFD and first responders that frequent StangNet. If you have been watching the news at all in the last few days you know about the call I went out on Thursday afternoon.

If you've never been on a Mass casualty incident, you can't begin to grasp the chaos around you, add in the fatalities and it gets worse. There was a schoolbus full of kids, 7 in the car/van, and the driver of the semi. Bear in mind that Union County only has 1 ALS ambulance. Needless to say when the page came out they called for mutual aid from all surrounding counties including mine. We were the 4th unit on scene, not counting 2 helicopters. I almost can't believe how fast we had everyone triaged and packaged for transport. You never appreciate how professional and talented your coworkers are until a day like this and things fall into place like clockwork.

I'd like to thank everyone at Union County EMS, Bradford County EMS, Heilbronn Springs VFD, Lawtey VFD, RMC, Shandscair and Trauma One, FHP, UCSO and all the folks who helped out in our time of need.

I'm not a very religious person, but I think our EMS personnel need some prayers. Everyone seems to focus on the families that lost loved ones and not on the caregiver that had to see the carnage.

Medic 1: 10-98, 10-8

• Sponsors (?)