FNG Saying hi

keith2172

Sep 7, 2006
Visalia, CA
I hope this isn't a blatant rule #5 offense, I'm new to the forumn and wanted to say hi and give a little intro. California boy, born in Fresno, live in Visalia. My '72 Coupe was my first car and I've still got her (though she needs a drivetrain). Been involved with modifying 4-cylindar cars for a while but decided I want to get back on the horse, pardon the pun, and bring the 'ol girl back out on the street. Immediate plans are to swap an injected 460 out of a '92 F-250 and 'squirt it with an MS then see what I can do about making this pony run the canyons. Thanks for listening, I promise to do my best to behave :)

• Sponsors (?)

Alright, alright, I'll get some pics of the old girl, but it's not too pretty yet, been sitting in the RV port for about 4 years and she's still missing a fender but...

I've gotten pretty interested in Road Racing, and there's some damn decent undiscovered mountain roads out here (a person shows up on the road about once a week, if that) which give a pretty nice area to flex your suspension tuning a bit. She's still primarily going to be a street car and hopefully able to break 10's with the right tune, but I want to be able to compete at open track days when the chance arise's.

keith2172 said:
Alright, alright, I'll get some pics of the old girl, but it's not too pretty yet, been sitting in the RV port for about 4 years and she's still missing a fender but...

I've gotten pretty interested in Road Racing, and there's some damn decent undiscovered mountain roads out here (a person shows up on the road about once a week, if that) which give a pretty nice area to flex your suspension tuning a bit. She's still primarily going to be a street car and hopefully able to break 10's with the right tune, but I want to be able to compete at open track days when the chance arise's.

hmmm, canyon carving in a big body with a big block!!!!! that's pretty ambititous, not impossible at all but definitely ambititous. be advised there aren't a lot of handling parts available for the big bodies and the big block will only make that task more daunting but i'm anxious to see your progress. there is a guy on the corner carver forums who has a big body that he is prepping for OT duty with a custom 3 link rear suspension and all the goodies. might do a search over there for some tips, but be warned about posting especially newbie type questions without doing a thorough and exhaustive search first, they can be pretty rude, crude and socially unacceptable over there.

www.corner-carvers.com

bnickel said:
hmmm, canyon carving in a big body with a big block!!!!! that's pretty ambititous, not impossible at all but definitely ambititous. be advised there aren't a lot of handling parts available for the big bodies and the big block will only make that task more daunting but i'm anxious to see your progress. there is a guy on the corner carver forums who has a big body that he is prepping for OT duty with a custom 3 link rear suspension and all the goodies. might do a search over there for some tips, but be warned about posting especially newbie type questions without doing a thorough and exhaustive search first, they can be pretty rude, crude and socially unacceptable over there.

www.corner-carvers.com

I'm a veteran of the great Forum Wars of '04, so I know when to keep my mouth shut :nice: I'll definately check that out though, thanks for the tip. Pics should be coming tomorrow as promised, haven't had a chance to get to my parents house as that's where she lives right now. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to go deep into fabrication of parts for the suspension on this car, as I'm not willing to spend the exagerated amounts of money they want for the few parts I've seen, looks like I'm going to have to find a place to buy heim joints in bulk :p

Welcome, I have tons of info on the 72 restoration projects on my website. But it's nice to hear of another 72 coupe owner.
WP-2.jpg

That's a nice looking coupe oboebrian. As promised, I have pics! But she's been living in the backyard for a few years, so she's a little weathered right now.

beforemustangrearbh1.th.jpg

beforemustangfrntbd0.th.jpg

beforemustangintho6.th.jpg

Attachments

• beforemustangrearbh1.th.jpg
    beforemustangrearbh1.th.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 61
  • beforemustangfrntbd0.th.jpg
    beforemustangfrntbd0.th.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 66
  • beforemustangintho6.th.jpg
    beforemustangintho6.th.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 67
ya know you could almost get away with painting the car orange with a big zero one on the side and i doubt that most younger people today would know the difference, LOL.

looks like a nice project. was it originally a black on black car?

Y'know, you haven't been officially welcomed to this Forum until you've been threadjacked! Since you seem to be regular stand-up kinda guy; I'll do the honors right now:

oboebrian said:
Welcome, I have tons of info on the 72 restoration projects on my website. But it's nice to hear of another 72 coupe owner.
Andthe stinkin' pic didn't copy!!!!!! :bang:

Anyways, on with the thread-jacking!
Hey Oboe (you Closet-Moderator-Dawg, you) is that a new vinyl roof? Who did it? Seems I'm kinda looking at the same project, and......

StangDreamin' said:
Y'know, you haven't been officially welcomed to this Forum until you've been threadjacked! Since you seem to be regular stand-up kinda guy; I'll do the honors right now:

Andthe stinkin' pic didn't copy!!!!!! :bang:

Anyways, on with the thread-jacking!
Hey Oboe (you Closet-Moderator-Dawg, you) is that a new vinyl roof? Who did it? Seems I'm kinda looking at the same project, and......

STD, Oboe did the top himself. it's outlined on his website somewhere. i wish he would drive down here to Texas and do mine.:D :nice: