Foglight halos?

Jan 12, 2021
Nh
Was doing some research and was shocked to find there was no foglight halos for the later production foxbody's has anyone done something like this? What size halo should I use, the foglight lens is 4.5" I believe but Ill probably buy clear lenses.

• Sponsors (?)

If the fog light is 4.5 then multiply by 3.14...that gives you the circumference. Circumference would be 14.14 inches.

hard-math-meme.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
What the hell is a fog light halo?
Please don't tell me they are like those stupid neon rings (i assume they are led, but look like neon) that jeep owners put around the headlights.

Reactions: 1 user
I saw a GT with what they call switch back halos in the fog lights also had the switch back lights in the front turn signal spots. Didn't look bad at all but not really my style.

Since we're talking about exterior lights. I always wondered why no one made the outer marker lights blink with the turn signals. It used to drive me crazy because if someone was beside me they had no idea I wanted to get over. When I added the LEDs to my convertibles fiberglass fender scoops people slowed down almost instantly.

Since we're talking about exterior lights. I always wondered why no one made the outer marker lights blink with the turn signals. It used to drive me crazy because if someone was beside me they had no idea I wanted to get over. When I added the LEDs to my convertibles fiberglass fender scoops people slowed down almost instantly.

The fox mustang has no visible turn signal from the side, at the front or rear of the car. Kinda unique in that regard, but also kind of dangerous as a car next to you has no idea of your directional is on as you move into another lane on the highway.

80s Ford Taurus’s (or may have been the Thunderbird) did a wig-wag wgere they alternates the inner and outer lights. I always wanted to try that on the fox but never looked into it.

As for LED front lighting, ive never seen anyone add LED DRL strips below the bumper, but I have seen folks turn the inner turn signal into an LeD switchback halo similar to the new Mustang RTR kit

I don’t necessarily hate it, but it all depends on the build you have going on. Would look out of place on my car for example even though I actually love modern LED DRL lighting on modern cars.
255737D6-0AE0-4782-94C7-6C8234159491.jpeg

The fox mustang has no visible turn signal from the side, at the front or rear of the car. Kinda unique in that regard, but also kind of dangerous as a car next to you has no idea of your directional is on as you move into another lane on the highway.

I've been contemplating retrofitting some side signals as I'm sure you're aware of the difference in regulations. Some of the American cars are wild with what pass as turn signals. Still are even in the modern era as well.. I was also looking to see if I could modify the headlights to turn those side reflector into LED units so at least something is visible from the side..

But I digress. People here really do expect clear amber signals on cars from all angles and approaches but it's no daily and no commuter and I may just drive with in mind that a daydreamer is likely to barrel into me at any moment.. but I live my life like that wherever I am (car or not) so we'll see how things go!

As it is the turn signals are rewired onto the sidelights for now (I doubt it would be road legal otherwise) and the inners are now sidelights.

I imagine every Fox in the UK has had this done as I don't see anyone passing one for an SVA with the turn signals where they are :D

If I could find a dual filament bulb that would fit in the marker light location this turn signal thing would be done on my car. I would like it to be done without modifying the factory corner light. I'm going to think about this a bit and update in my thread.

No update on it yet. Honestly, I forgot about it. A switchback led bulb would work wired through a relay that reverses polarity when energizing the turn signal circuit. A quick Google search found several with yellow and white leds. Ours should be yellow I believe. Not sure how white LEDs would look in the marker light.

Doing quick research this is said to work on ford trucks that have 2 wire marker lights up front.

Screenshot_20220109-224733_Chrome.jpg

Here's the actual link... https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/432817-making-side-marker-lights-blink-with-turn-signals.html

I haven't done this mod yet but seems like the easiest way. Ford wiring is pretty standard across models. The turn signal and marker light circuits of the 80s trucks and our foxes should be about the same. The turn signal flasher is grounded when not energized so it acts as a ground for the solid marker light when the lights are on. This is in theory. As I stated I haven't done it yet. Testing it out first would be highly advised.

There a a bunch of folks in that thread that say it works successfully.

No update on it yet. Honestly, I forgot about it. A switchback led bulb would work wired through a relay that reverses polarity when energizing the turn signal circuit. A quick Google search found several with yellow and white leds. Ours should be yellow I believe. Not sure how white LEDs would look in the marker light.

Doing quick research this is said to work on ford trucks that have 2 wire marker lights up front.

Screenshot_20220109-224733_Chrome.jpg

Here's the actual link... https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/432817-making-side-marker-lights-blink-with-turn-signals.html

I haven't done this mod yet but seems like the easiest way. Ford wiring is pretty standard across models. The turn signal and marker light circuits of the 80s trucks and our foxes should be about the same. The turn signal flasher is grounded when not energized so it acts as a ground for the solid marker light when the lights are on. This is in theory. As I stated I haven't done it yet. Testing it out first would be highly advised.

There a a bunch of folks in that thread that say it works successfully.
Interesting mod. I found one where they suggested modifying the socket opening in the back of the light housing so that you could flip them and put the flasher socket into the corner housing - I might be inclined to try that since I already have aftermarket lights anyways.