Forged 308 Internals

Im from a different camp, see what u can make with a high rpm small CID engine!

Me and my dad use to run a NA pulling tractor. Because of the brand we chose it was build a high rpm small Cid engine or stay home. Built enough efficiency to run against competition with twice the cid. Also ran against turbo engines. Guess what hooks up better in the dirt?

So when I went car shopping it had to be street/strip, especially after hauling that damn tractor on a trailer every where! Not like u can drive a tractor around anyway. My point is I did NOT want a dedicated trailer only race car. So of couse i was naturally drawn to a SBF, then i added my own twist after having the engine apart. Guess what still hooks better on the street and at the track?

These are nice pieces, but to be honest a waste unless your winding 8-9K. They would be sold if it was 3.25 or 3.4 stroker. BTW I don't like the balace job on the crank looked like they used to big of a drill bit and broke out the side of the counter weight. Seeing that would make me question the balance job.

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Me and my dad use to run a NA pulling tractor. Because of the brand we chose it was build a high rpm small Cid engine or stay home. Built enough efficiency to run against competition with twice the cid. Also ran against turbo engines. Guess what hooks up better in the dirt?

So when I went car shopping it had to be street/strip, especially after hauling that damn tractor on a trailer every where! Not like u can drive a tractor around anyway. My point is I did NOT want a dedicated trailer only race car. So of couse i was naturally drawn to a SBF, then i added my own twist after having the engine apart. Guess what still hooks better on the street and at the track?

These are nice pieces, but to be honest a waste unless your winding 8-9K. They would be sold if it was 3.25 or 3.4 stroker. BTW I don't like the balace job on the crank looked like they used to big of a drill bit and broke out the side of the counter weight. Seeing that would make me question the balance job.
You know what? You're right! I didn't see that before! There most definitely is a piece broke off! Glad you saw that. Well that's that lol. Now trans shopping time!;)

Reactions: 1 user

Thanks! As soon as I read this I went to the pics and blew everything up and it stood out like a sore thumb. Also probably why it's cheap(among other things).

Well, I'm glad that's over. I don't care about all the cute things people say about it, I still believe there's not replacement for displacement. You can run more boost or more RPM with a smaller motor, but if you run the boost/RPM with a large one, you're still going to move more air. You have gigantic heads for a 308. Save your money and build a 363.

Fugg it! Stroke a 350 to the moon or go get a 10 speed and stop eating meat. Forget that puny little 363, their for girls. (Just poking fun at somebody with a red notch) ;) <---note use of emote. I'm bad at giving advice, I don't even know what the heck I want for my own ride.:runaway: