Found out my title says Salvage

I just found out the 65 I bought has a salvage title. Wondering how badly I got ripped off now. I called the guy & he says he thought he told me, but says he will give me back my money, but I would have to wait a few weeks because he spent some of it. Wondering if I should still keep it now. The 289 was a rebuild that he bought & had installed. The engine is very clean & sounds strong. Holley 4 barrel double pumper, Edelbrock performer manifold & some other perfomance items. It is primered & has new front/rear bumpers in the box he gave me. Has the chrome pony rims w/new tires. Now some of the little thing wrong with it that didn't bother me, seem like trouble b/c of the title. Where the radio was is a big opening that was cut out or enlarged for some reason, new winshield gasket needed to be installed, only speedometer seems to work, heater hoses not connected, so not even sure if the heater works & the fuel gauge definetely doesn't work. found out the hard way.
Any opinions if I should keep it. How much does a salvage title knocks down the value & I wonder about insurance. Will they even insure a salvaged car. I bought it for $3500, but I also bought it in the hopes of restoring it & then eventually selling it to get a fastback in the future.

• Sponsors (?)