Paint and Body Fox Body Painting 101

• Sponsors (?)

Good morning gents. Let me start off w/ my normal barrage of one sided examples to prop up my decision to not use a V8.

OZ025.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm certainly all for "thinking outside of the box" here boys, but if all I had to choose from was either a boring assed, 5.0 or a anemic sounding rice cake like a 2JZ,...there'd be 8 holes under my hood every time. Especially when you consider that there are SOHC, and DOHC 4L Aussie Turbo Barras available here in the US as an option.

Consider how un-natural that Jap-a-sneeze filled Mustang sounded, and how this one sounds,..and there should be no reason on this Earth that a ford engine isn't under the hood of your ford car.

Every single time I hear this car makes me wish I'd known more about these engines before I stepped off so heavily into my poor ol' 60's version of the same.

Reactions: 3 users
I don't know why you guys are still jerking around with internal combustion when one of you could clearly have a put a jet turbine in by now.

Reactions: 1 user
Good morning gents. Let me start off w/ my normal barrage of one sided examples to prop up my decision to not use a V8.

OZ025.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm certainly all for "thinking outside of the box" here boys, but if all I had to choose from was either a boring assed, 5.0 or a anemic sounding rice cake like a 2JZ,...there'd be 8 holes under my hood every time. Especially when you consider that there are SOHC, and DOHC 4L Aussie Turbo Barras available here in the US as an option.

Consider how un-natural that Jap-a-sneeze filled Mustang sounded, and how this one sounds,..and there should be no reason on this Earth that a ford engine isn't under the hood of your ford car.

Every single time I hear this car makes me wish I'd known more about these engines before I stepped off so heavily into my poor ol' 60's version of the same.

Mike, that post just made my day. That is one bad ass car! I now must wipe the drool off of my phone..

I thought ford's 4l 6 was a boat anchor! Now I want one.

You are correct. US Ford I6 engines are absolutely worthless. The Aussie version, not so much. I had an opportunity to buy one of the SOHC versions of this engine from a guy on the Ford Six forum at the beginning of the year for about 1500 sitting new in a crate.I passed because of the current commitment, (along w/ a few other obstacles). The starter boss is on the wrong side of the engine, and the bell housing pattern is for an Aussie trans. One that was adapted, then that engine would've been the s ht.

Mike, that post just made my day. That is one bad ass car! I now must wipe the drool off of my phone..

I never get tired of hearing his BOV bounce when he's doing that burnout in the middle of the vid. It's not a cheap engine by any stretch,..but then again, nor is mine. But,....I could've got a good HG, and have been able to beat the snot outta the thing just like ol dude here.

Reactions: 1 users
Cool pictures Mike, I liked the video as well.

I still have no idea what I will do with the blue car. Though I've got to say, I would rather have the sound of a v8.

The blue car will be nice, but not overly crazy in the hp area, while I would like for it to be in the mid 600's with whatever engine combination. 600's and long distance drive able.

I was reading up on that 2jz Toyota engine, holy crap! Freaking japs had to come up with that little jewel.

I would still be hard pressed to put that in a mustang, probably due to my parents and relatives having participated in WWII. Lost an uncle on d-day (I know, Germans did that). Funny how parents opinions can effect a guy after they've been gone for twenty years.

I have this coldly logical side of me though that looks at that engine and thinks, "holy crapola! 2000hp on a stock six block!"

Get your buddy to post a build thread, please! What trans works with it?
You can run a turbo 400 behind them or quick time makes a bell housing for a t56 .

That bell housing with a stifflers cross member out the TRANS tail right in its stock location . My buddy is not the type to do a build thread unfortunately he's very hush hush .

Joel grannas who has the 3rd fastest 6 speed supra just switched from the v160 TRANS to the t56 due to Toyota not making the hard parts for the 160 anymore

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Last edited:
You can run a turbo 400 behind them or quick time makes a bell housing for a t56 .

That bell housing with a stifflers cross member out the TRANS tail right in its stock location . My buddy is not the type to do a build thread unfortunately he's very hush hush .

Joel grannas who has the 3rd fastest 6 speed supra just switched from the v160 TRANS to the t56 due to Toyota not making the hard parts for the 160 anymore

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate
Well, you snuck out the pictures of the car in paint....sneak some more out:nice:.

I've been reading up on an ecoboost v6 swap. It looks a little more challenging than I want to consider.

A 2jz engine with a t56 is bound to be pretty incredible to drive. How crazy will he be going on that engine? Seems like you could pretty easily frag even a t56 with it.

Well, you snuck out the pictures of the car in paint....sneak some more out:nice:.

I've been reading up on an ecoboost v6 swap. It looks a little more challenging than I want to consider.

A 2jz engine with a t56 is bound to be pretty incredible to drive. How crazy will he be going on that engine? Seems like you could pretty easily frag even a t56 with it.
Power wise . I'm thinking 600 conservatively . 800 ish leaning on it hp wise

Reactions: 1 users
image.jpeg
I've really enjoyed the painting info in this thread. So much so that I ran out to the garage and started working on my semi primed 86 GT. Imagine my shock when i found what looks like an oil stain on the hood's etching primer (sherwin williams). What is the best method for removing the oil? Prepsol, sand prepsol, reprime? Probably an oily rag to blame.