Fox/ford Noob!

• Sponsors (?)

Are you thinking sleeves?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

He's talking about the ridge in the bore above the piston. It happens from years of wear and carbon deposits. It kind of looks to me like that's what you have going on. Did you pop a main and rod cap to see how the bearings look? If they are worn then the cam bearings are too, and you'll have zero oil pressure. I wouldn't dare drop in a short block with out doing it. I bought a "recently rebuilt" short block from a guy i know, and opened it up to find it trashed. Wound up going through it before dropping it in my son's car. It may cost a new pan gasket, but the time saved and reassurance is priceless.

I'm gonna strip it and have it sent out for magna glow testing. Gonna check for cracks and have it cleaned up. It came from outside which is a temp of roughly 35°, it's about 70° in the house so there was a lot of condensation when I took the pics. But I will post more after I have it cleaned up..

I'm gonna strip it and have it sent out for magna glow testing. Gonna check for cracks and have it cleaned up. It came from outside which is a temp of roughly 35°, it's about 70° in the house so there was a lot of condensation when I took the pics. But I will post more after I have it cleaned up..

Have them check the bores, ridge ream and hone. Bore if necessary, check deck flatness and new freeze/oil galley plugs, and new cam bearings.

If it needs to be bored, you may want to consider throwing a stroker kit in while you are at it. You can get an entire 347 kit for about 900 bucks.

Reactions: 1 users
head gasket Felpro 9333PT1

intake and exhaust depends on what intake and exhaust you are using
Timing cover- felpro
Pan gasket- I ike the felpro 1 piece but you must use some right stuff in the corners or it will leak
real main seal- felpro with the ss sleeve