Foxbody Brake Upgrade

MileHi91LX

Aug 25, 2016
I'm running the NRC big brake kit up front. I am planning to keep the stock booster and upgrade to a 93 cobra MC. I have to decide between '94 and '03 spindles I have. My questions are now:
1) if I buy a Max Motorsports stock prop. Valve delete kit do I still need to buy their plug bolt, extra $16
2) I'm guessing I absolutely need the new bias pro portioning valve
3) I'm planning on buying the MM adapter line kit for the new '93 Cobra MC to stock brake lines
4) What else do I need?

• Sponsors (?)

You want the 94 spindles to keep the geometry correct.

If you're running cobra calipers up front and disc in the rear you'll want a 93 cobra booster and 94/95 cobra master.

1: no

2: yes

The nrc BBk more than likely comes with 99-04 cobra calipers, which the proper mc to use would be the 1993 cobra mc if equipped with sn95 rear disk as well, however, if adamant about not swapping the booster, one should run the smaller 94-95 cobra mc instead to gain extra assist. I would highly recommend doing the booster swap though. Without it, your braking performance won't be worth performing.

If you are keeping drums out back. Then you can't use any 4 wheel disk mc. Pedal will be stiff as a board. Only option is to leave the stock mc.

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I'm running a disc brake setup out back from the 99-04 vintage. Copy that I need a better booster. I'm concerned with the Anderson B41 cam and a Procharger am I going to have enough vacuum to power the booster?

Yeah, they are not that expensive. To get it to go in you will probably have to elongate the two holes on the left side (as you look at it from the front under the hood) that the booster studs go through. That is the easiest way from my experience. There is a lot of information out there about the booster install.

Reactions: 1 user
99-04 v6 booster is essentially the same. Only difference is the studs are metric, and one is slightly off. Not a huge deal.

Make sure you get the nuts that come with it otherwise take it to hardware store to match it up with hardeare before installing it.

Then mAke a template of cardboard to fit the studs, then transfer it to the firewall and Mark which stud hole you have to drill. Then slot all 4 to the pass side.

I did a 94-95 booster, which is the same, and it wasn't a big deal. Did not hammer my strut tower. I removed the upper intake to give me room, but it wasn't necessary.

Hardest part is under the dash. Extensions and universals are your friend here

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited: