Foxbody Fuel Rail Feed/return Questions

Noted. As far as bolting up, attaching my steering, getting the camber set correctly will I be in good shape?
You should, but as mike said, your bump steer is going to change.

507992299-jpg.244766.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Maximum Motorsports actually recommends the 96+ for use with their K members if by chance you happen to have gone that route. People have successfully ran 96+ spindles without issue with bumpsteer but not sure how they did it.

yeah sorry Mike. If you go to the MM site, they pretty much say you are screwed if you use those spindles with a stock K member

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/tech_front_susp_spindle_warning.aspx
Picturing this (in my head only) I'm wondering why a bump steer kit with the spacers stacked under the tie rod to move it up won't help correct this gap?

Edit: I should've read the link first and then replied. My question is now answered. However!, most of us lower our vehicles so with a bump steer kit and a lowering kit this should help get the tie rod back to an ideal position. Right?

Last edited:
Its not that bad. I ran that way for a few years. The spindles didn't push my wheels too far out. ( the control arms are longer between the years ). I had an AJE kmember ( not that it made a difference ) and ran offset rack bushings....and a UPR bump steer kit. The end that the outter tie rod end goes into is raised about an inch from stock fox arms.

If you've checked out my thread you'll see I just changed to 94 spindles.

Its not that bad. I ran that way for a few years. The spindles didn't push my wheels too far out. ( the control arms are longer between the years ). I had an AJE kmember ( not that it made a difference ) and ran offset rack bushings....and a UPR bump steer kit. The end that the outter tie rod end goes into is raised about an inch from stock fox arms.

If you've checked out my thread you'll see I just changed to 94 spindles.
I actually would like to get +10mm ea side up front with my current wheel setup. Did you get your bump steer figured out with the 96+ spindles? I think between lowering the car (which lowers the steering rack in relation to the spindles) and a bump steer kit it should remedy most of the gap? Maybe some aluminum offset bushing would be a last resort. I have 95' spindles on my car now but thinking about putting on the set of 04' spindles that where included when I bought my 04' Cobra calipers and rotors.

I actually would like to get +10mm ea side up front with my current wheel setup. Did you get your bump steer figured out with the 96+ spindles? I think between lowering the car (which lowers the steering rack in relation to the spindles) and a bump steer kit it should remedy most of the gap? Maybe some aluminum offset bushing would be a last resort. I have 95' spindles on my car now but thinking about putting on the set of 04' spindles that where included when I bought my 04' Cobra calipers and rotors.
My car was lowered 1 inch up front. I used offset bushings to raise the rack and the bump steer kit....handled better than stock.

If you want to go wider why not use sn95 control arms ?

Lowering a car makes bump steer worse because angles change in the front end.

My car was lowered 1 inch up front. I used offset bushings to raise the rack and the bump steer kit....handled better than stock.

If you want to go wider why not use sn95 control arms ?

Lowering a car makes bump steer worse because angles change in the front end.
I read the SN95 arms are 3/4" wider on each side and that's a bit too much. Besides I already have after market tubular arms with SN95 ball joints and already own 96+ spindles. Pretty much every person I've read about that has tried the 96+ spindles had no issues with bump steer.

Keeping mind adding width to the front via a spindle change doesn't only push your front wheels out, it moves the arc in which your wheels swing when turning the wheel out further. So you run greater risk of rubbing front and rear inner fenders

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

The '94-'95 spindles don't come out any further than the stock Fox ones do. The '96-'04 spindles will push the wheels out approx 8-10mm over the Fox.

94-95 spindles DO push the front wheels out a tad. How much? Not sure, but in comparing pics of my car with Lincoln rotors, vs 94-95 spindles, it does appear the wheels are pushed out a tiny bit. Look at the relation of the side molding near the 5.0 to wheel "depth" Amd you can see it

Old photo from 15+ years ago running SVO rotors.
e61d4300906186a545ab7161c69c4f79.jpg

And recent pic with the 94-95 spindles
d69d9a997ccf0a5af6000f06188f5829.jpg

It's subtle, but the svo rotors did make the fronts a little more "sucked in" as it would considering sn95 wheels have more backspace than fox 4-lug wheels

Also, you can see the difference between 5lug drum, and sn95 offset disks in the pics as well running 17x8 sn95 wheels. Huge difference there!

Edit: and yes 15 years later I have the same tires on and cell phone cameras are much better than the Sony digital camera I had at the time

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 6b1594f6134fc1f6d1c92837886fae53.jpg
    6b1594f6134fc1f6d1c92837886fae53.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
image.jpeg
The '94-'95 spindles don't come out any further than the stock Fox ones do. The '96-'04 spindles will push the wheels out approx 8-10mm over the Fox.
I want the extra width. My front wheels are 18x8 +25mm and are tucked in a bit too far. To avoid running spacers I'd rather just run the 96+ spindles since people that have actually installed them report no issues. My front end is completely coming apart this winter so it's not a big deal.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm running the NRC big brake kit up front. I am planning to keep the stock booster and upgrade to a 93 cobra MC. My questions are now:
1) if I buy a Max Motorsports stock prop. Valve delete kit do I still need to buy their plug bolt, extra $16
2) I'm guessing I absolutely need the new bias pro portioning valve
3) I'm planning on buying the MM adapter line kit for the new MC to stock brake lines
4) What else do I need?

I'm running the NRC big brake kit up front. I am planning to keep the stock booster and upgrade to a 93 cobra MC. My questions are now:
1) if I buy a Max Motorsports stock prop. Valve delete kit do I still need to buy their plug bolt, extra $16
2) I'm guessing I absolutely need the new bias pro portioning valve
3) I'm planning on buying the MM adapter line kit for the new MC to stock brake lines
4) What else do I need?
1)No plug req'd if you purchase the prop delete kit
2)Yes, I have the FRPP adjustable prop valve
3) It's a great kit, highly recommended
4) Provide a complete list of what you have and what you need to order and we can help fill in the blanks