Engine Frpp Intake Manifold

timjimmy

Jul 7, 2013
Clarksville, TN
I have an '06 GT and I have a two part question. The car has a Shaker system but I would like to install the FRPP intake manifold. The Shaker merely bolts to the top two throttle body bolts and rests on top of the manifold. Is the throttle body location and the overall height of the intake the same as stock? Also, I intend to go FI, either a Procharger or Paxton. I've vaguely heard that the Paxton will not fit with the FRPP manifold. Any solid info?

• Sponsors (?)

The FRPP manifold is about 2 in. taller than the OEM manifold. Will the Shaker system bolt right on and fit under the hood, probably not. But, I am sure you could modify the mounts or something to make it work.

As for the Paxton not fitting, Brenspeed offers a kit for the Paxton on the 05-09's. Give them a shout and see if there are any fitment issues. Other than the extra 2 in. height, I can't see why the FRPP won't fit a Paxton?

Just an update for anybody searching through here, the Shaker did not fit with the FRPP manifold. There simply wasn't enough clearance. I would have had to hack the Shaker apart to make it fit. As for the Paxton supercharger, I haven't tried it yet, but supposedly you have to trim some material off one of the intake runners to allow it to fit. But, looking at the intake, I don't see where it would have fitment issues.