fuel filter freak

streethorse

15 Year Member
Oct 8, 2005
Dallas Texas
OK, so everyone has thier favorite brand of oil filters, what about fuel filters?
Any reason to use a certain brand, or avoid one..................... :shrug:
I went to Autozone to see what kind they had and they carry some off the wall brand , Deuaush or something crazy like that. I think I'll pass on that.

• Sponsors (?)

Use a Motorcraft fuel filter everytime lol.
Changing your fuel filter is a good way to maintain your cars power.
I change mine every six months.
Some good advice is don't shop at Autozone those people are morons lol. :nonono:

Stang|ess said:
I use motorcraft oil filters, spark plugs, fuel filter, atf, and air filter.
Same here, I am getting a lot of it at WalMart and AutoZone for good prices :nice:

One thing I do not have is a Motorcraft air filter, I have a K&N. However, it is over a year old and dirty. Instead of cleaning it I am just switching back to paper. Paper does not deposit oil on the MAF and filters a LOT more dirt than cotton mesh :flag:

McTeague said:
Same here, I am getting a lot of it at WalMart and AutoZone for good prices :nice:

One thing I do not have is a Motorcraft air filter, I have a K&N. However, it is over a year old and dirty. Instead of cleaning it I am just switching back to paper. Paper does not deposit oil on the MAF and filters a LOT more dirt than cotton mesh :flag:

:nice: That's why I use a stock air filter, no oil on my MAF.

hotmustang331 said:
Not to hijack....but mine has 48,000 miles on it and has the original fuel filter. Is that too long to wait? I heared that it should be changed every 40K :shrug:

Supposed to change it at 30,000. Your car is probably ruined like Super said, I'm sorry for your loss :(.

Hotmustang, just replace it, these guys are full of it :D . You just don't want to let it get clogged so you run out of fuel when you're doing a 6200rpm run down the track. Something tells me that would, indeed, be the end of your stang haha

stangGT97 said:
Hotmustang, just replace it, these guys are full of it :D . You just don't want to let it get clogged so you run out of fuel when you're doing a 6200rpm run down the track. Something tells me that would, indeed, be the end of your stang haha

Thanks....and yea that wouldnt be good at all :eek: . Thus why I need to get rid of it....:rlaugh: