Fuel Fuel Pressure Issue

ggradtech

Jun 17, 2016
I have a 1992 Mustang with a 306 and 62mm turbo. Stock fuel lines. BBK fuel pressure regulator. My fuel pressure is set to 40 psi with vacuum line disconnected. Under load (10psi of boost), my fuel pressure guage doesnt move past 42-44 psi. I should be pushing 50 psi with the 10lbs of boost applied. On a side note, I also recently noticed my dashboard fuel guage sometimes drops to a lower level than I actually have. Could the in-tank baffle be disconnected and its occasionally moving around blocking my fuel supply and also causing the occasional low fuel reading? I dont hear anything as far as a loose baffle, but I genearally keep my fuel level at half a tank or more. Im not sure why my fuel pressure doesnt move up tp 50 psi under boost. Thanks!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Are you sure your bbk regulator is designed for boost reference ? I researched a bunch of stuff doing my build and I think I read somewhere that bbk doesn't make a boost referenced FPR.

That is correct it should be a one-to-one ratio so at 10 psi you should have 50 pounds of pressure. If it were me I would replace it for peace of mind with a kerbin unit that's what I used for mine
X2 on the kirban FPR