Fuel Pressure Regulator

Zach Fowler

Jul 1, 2015
Need a little help just put in a new combo in my 1991 Lx. Here's my combo stock bottom end 302 freshend up Lunati roller specs 215/224 @ .50 and 522/522 but I used 1.7 rockers so it ended up 555/555, trick flow cast iron high ports ported the flow 288 on the intake and 185 on the exhaust with 2.02/1.60 valves. For the intake it's a explorer ported to match the heads by TMOSS and it's awesome, 24 pound injectors with a Pro M to match and 70 Tb with a 190 pump. It has a shorty headers and x pipe with dynomax ultraflows anyways car is running fine but was wondering do I need a aftermarket regulator? The plugs look okay but I haven't stepped in it yet letting it brake.

• Sponsors (?)

Here's what happens when you play with the fuel pressure. The whole fuel curve from idle to WOT is affected. Maybe you are already too rich at idle, and turning up the fuel pressure makes it worse. If you had some injector duty cycle left to play with, a custom tune could use that where it is needed. That would not over richen the whole range from idle to WOT.

Here's what happens when you play with the fuel pressure. The whole fuel curve from idle to WOT is affected. Maybe you are already too rich at idle, and turning up the fuel pressure makes it worse. If you had some injector duty cycle left to play with, a custom tune could use that where it is needed. That would not over richen the whole range from idle to WOT.
Thanks for the help I'm going to call a place Monday and talk to them about it plus I'm about to order a wideband to monitor the afr.