Fuel Pumps Won't Stop Priming

As the title says, my fuel pumps won't stop priming. So bad that the fuel line blew off at the rails twice from just having the key rolled forward.

I ended up having the same problem while installing my BAP and dual FPDM so I brought everything back to stock and I'm still having the same issue. Any suggestions?

** A little more info about the car, the previous owner had a return fuel setup that he took off prior to selling. Not sure if that makes any difference

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Who knows what the previous owner did to the wiring. If he changed it over to a return style, did he bypass the FPDM and use a relay set-up or anything? How long have you had the car and has there been a problem since you had it?

Who knows what the previous owner did to the wiring. If he changed it over to a return style, did he bypass the FPDM and use a relay set-up or anything? How long have you had the car and has there been a problem since you had it?

The most I've driven it was home. I'm not sure what he did. I know the green/yellow wire from the ecu to the ccrm was cut but he reattached it. I get power to the fpdm from the ccrm and haven't noticed any relays. When I bought the car it had a code for the fuel pumps but I'm not sure what the code was for exactly.

Could a bad ccrm or even fps cause this? I bought a ccrm for $50 so once it gets here I'll be able to check that out

You mention a BAP; do you have a damper disc installed in the FRPS?

If not, the FRPS may have been damaged and the PCM is not getting real fuel rail pressure readings from it.

Do you have a multimeter? Go to the CCRM and check for resistance between contacts 11 and 5. It should be an open, or OL. An even easier check, disconnect the inertia switch connector and turn on accessory power. Then read for voltage (DC) at the inertia switch pink wire contact. If you have constant voltage there, then you're CCRM is letting power through when it shouldn't. If there is no voltage, the problem is on the FPDM side of the circuit.
Looking at the diagram though, power for the pump comes from the fuse, goes through normally open contacts in the CCRM, the inertia switch, then the FPDM which receives signals from the FPS to determine how much voltage to supply to the pump.

This thread does not state the model year of the car in question. But for a return-less (1999-2004) system with a FPDM one of the first things I would look for is a grounded fuel pump return line. This would make the fuel pump run all the time.