Fuel rail crossover hose replacement?

NIKwoaC

中國製造
15 Year Member
Oct 31, 2006
Chengdu Province
Short question, but I was hoping to get some definitive answers.

I scuffed the surface of the front crossover hose on my stock fuel rail while installing it on my TFS-R intake manifold. I don't think it's ruptured, but I want to know what my options are for replacing it. I want to replace JUST the crossover hose, NOT the entire fuel rail. After some googling, it seems that I may be able to replace it with high pressure fuel line and fuel line clamps. Is this true? Are there any alternatives?

Thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

I have a 88 GT, I was replacing the intake gaskets on my car and kinked the front cross over line on my stock fuel rail, I straitened it out quickly and it looks ok, but i am not sure if that is just a rubber line or if it has some sort of inner metal. Does anyone know what the factory material is? I'm just debating if I should be trying to get a high pressure line as described above with clamps or if I should leave it. It does not appear that anyone other than maybe the dealer has factory fuel rails. Any help would be appreciated

If i remember right?The stock cross over lines have a covering over them so what you see isnt the actual lines.But also i did the same.I cut the stock cross overs off and used high pressure fuel injection lines with clamps when i installed my 351 with stock fox rails!No leaks and about 2 years!peace

john:p

same here...
When I converted to a 351w I needed longer cross-over lines.

Standard fuel injection line will work well...
It would be best to use the good hose clamps, as mentioned above.
You will know the good clamps by the edges of the clamp being radiused/chamfered so that it doesn't cut into the side of the hose....

hard to describe, but once you see one in the parts store you will get the idea...

jason