Fuel rail removal

5.0guy

Apr 17, 2004
MI
I can't get the fuel rail off of my buddy's 5.0. It's all unbolted, but it seems like it's stuck at the injectors, don't they just pull out? Do they screw out? Any help is appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

They just pull out but sometimes they get stuck with time. Twist on them back and forth to loosen them up and pull. Don't lose the o-rings unless you have new ones. But if they're old enough to get stuck than you probably need new ones.

5.0guy said:
I can't get the fuel rail off of my buddy's 5.0. It's all unbolted, but it seems like it's stuck at the injectors, don't they just pull out? Do they screw out? Any help is appreciated.

There should be just 4 bolts that bolt the rail to the intake...mine was also attached to one of the head bolts...

They pull right off the injectors...they don't screw out...just pull on them evenly (one at a time is how I did it)...so you don't bend anything...I believe most of my injectors came out with it...

Good Luck

By four, you mean two for each rail, right? So just twist the injectors while pulling up and it should come off? I was afraid I was gonna break the damn things. It's gettin a new intake and injectors, so I don't really have to worry about the o-rings, right?

The new injectors should've came with new o-rings so don't worry about it. Just yank the bastards off since you're not using them again. make sure that all the o-rings came out the fuel rail too. Trust us, they pull right out.

5.0guy said:
By four, you mean two for each rail, right? So just twist the injectors while pulling up and it should come off? I was afraid I was gonna break the damn things. It's gettin a new intake and injectors, so I don't really have to worry about the o-rings, right?

Yeah there are two on each side...

Look for any obstruction in your way that could keep you from pulling up on it...and see if your fuel rail is bolted down on the head bolt...that could restrict your play...

They should pull right out...do the twisting like you said...

5.0guy said:
how do you get them off of the rail?

They pull out of the rail just like they pull out of the intake...there are O-rings on both sides...it is almost a suction feeling when trying to pull them out...keep pulling on them evenly and they will just pop out..