Gas Mileage for 2010

01White5spd

Founding Member
Nov 7, 2002
New Jersey
I wonder if the 2010 will get any better gas mileage. Pretty much the same drivetrain, but maybe the aerodynamics will be better. I would like maybe 1-2mpg more. The new camaro v6 is predicted to get 27mpg w/ a 300hp v6 and the challenger R/T is getting 25mpg with a 5.7L v8(highway). Ford should step up the fuel mileage a little.

• Sponsors (?)

edmunds.com said:
Now Cleaner
Ford has also replaced the horridly cheap, plastic-clad Dumbo-ear outside mirrors of the current Mustang with nicer-looking mirrors with body-color caps. Although your eye might not pick it up, airflow likes the new shape better. Ford tells us that the 2010 Mustang V6 has 4 percent less aerodynamic drag than before, while the additional use of a belly pan beneath the engine bay of the Mustang GT produces 7 percent less drag than before. In addition, the 2010 Mustang GT has 23 percent less aerodynamic lift over the front wheels than the current car.

Tucking the windshield wipers under the hood and moving the antenna to the rear of the car helps make it look less cheap, we think. Wind noise is down 12 percent, according to the Ford engineers. Also, the designers managed to remove the windshield-washer squirt nozzles from the surface of the hood. Judging by how many times company representatives referred to them as "ugly warts," we're guessing they're particularly proud of this move. It should at least make it easier to apply hood stripes.

i would say the mileage has to improve, especially since the car only gained 15 lbs. (still 500 lbs. less than the competition)