G'day All,

Well I'm new!! I'm the proud owner of a 69 351 Coupe (had it about 2 Months now). It has had new shocks all round but the rear end feels like it bottoms out over certain bumps and also the rear feels like it sways when going around corners worse when there are some bumps in the road. Any Idea? All would be appreciated.
I have not yet looked underneath, all I have had done so far was to get it roadworthy and registered so I can drive it. Just so you know I'm an Aussie living in Queensland.

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome!

It seems like I had an issue similar to this a long time ago with an old pick up truck I had. If memory serves, there was a broken leaf spring, but I knew it based on how it sat since the rear squatted in that corner. It also had a broken shock on the same side, but you said yours are new, so that would hopefully be ruled out. Past that, I don't think I can help much besides making sure things underneath the car are all in order and everything is tight that should be. I will be interested in what you find. Good luck!!

Reactions: 1 user
Probably bad shocks or the rubber bushings are bad in the leafs and shackles . I wouldn't think it would bottom out unless you have passengers in the back when it happens .What leaf spring set up does it have ?
Not sure on the Leaf springs, i'll have to check them out. Had new shocks all round, I had a though along the same line with the rubber bushings in the leafs and shackles. I spoke to my Mechanic today and well get her up on a hoist soon. Thanks for the feedback.

Welcome!

It seems like I had an issue similar to this a long time ago with an old pick up truck I had. If memory serves, there was a broken leaf spring, but I knew it based on how it sat since the rear squatted in that corner. It also had a broken shock on the same side, but you said yours are new, so that would hopefully be ruled out. Past that, I don't think I can help much besides making sure things underneath the car are all in order and everything is tight that should be. I will be interested in what you find. Good luck!!

Thanks for the feedback, she sit nice and square just might be some warn rubbers.