Gila Hauler

• Sponsors (?)

Agreed on too much cash, but if picked up cheap it would make someone a cool project. I've come close to picking up a few different Rancheros over the years, but the right deal never presented itself. People just want too much dang money for things these days it seems.

I had a really nice 69 Ranchero but the car never grew on me. The fact that the 302/C4 was about as tired as it could get before locking up might have had something to do with that though.

I can't say that the Fairmont version did much for me either, I only like the one bodystyle in that platform. But it would be cool w/ the right drivetrain, and suspension, painted the same Gila colors, and draggin the monster to the next big show.

But not for 11k.

is this a joke?
Nope, To that dealer 11k for a unrestored fairmont is perfectly normal. When I was looking for the monster he had a listing for a Futura set at the same price.

These cars are nothing special. (fairmonts). They'll never garner "collectible" status, and the factory build quality is a testimonial as to why the big three gave up their status as the best to the japanese.

This car isn't even close to perfect. The pics show dents, and surface rust everywhere. No pics of the Lame-O 3.3 must be for a reason, that can't be good.

In actuality, it is a joke

Reactions: 1 user