• 05 Mustang GT

Votes: 24 58.5%
  • Jaguar

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other - specify in post

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

Put that Bimmer money into a modernized Classic Mustang. Start with a 67 Vert, Cammer engine, 5 spd automatic (for Atlanta traffic) custom leather interior, and a 67 Shelby body kit w/68 rollbar, Paint color of her choice. Now you have a car to stand up to any snotty Atlanta ocasion. Then you can Chip Foose it.. Ruin an other wise really nice car with 18" or 19" wheels, heck go 20" and really impress the MARTA riders.

I voted for the Mustang, but just because it's the least expensive. I have to admit I want one, but I don't know if I'll ever buy a new car.

Sorry - this is a fun question, but I'm going to get serious here.

Not to be a downer, but I don't really understand why people buy brand new cars. If you are rich - your house is paid for, you have your retirement taken care of, your kids' college, etc, etc. - ok buy whatever you can pay cash for. No problem at all. But don't take out a loan for a car. It's a really bad financial move. You should seriously question whether you want to stay with a woman who spends money this way. You don't want to be stuck living paycheck to paycheck your whole life.

Why buy new? It's just throwing money away. Especially for a mechanically apt person who enjoys fixing cars. Do the math and figure out how much money you will save over a lifetime of picking a less expensive option. If you pay the extra money on your home loan every month you could save years and 100s of thousands of dollars on a mortgage. Your savings could easily be over a million dollars, as you will have more money to invest in retirement as well.

I drive junkers, and I love the feeling of knowing that I paid about one monthly car payment for my current driver. I'm also having a blast driving it. Anyway - good luck with the decision - any new car should be fun for her.