Good Bye Cali, Hello Yuma

skywalker

Dec 22, 2003
Pensacola, FL
Well, after 5 months of a gravy deployment, I was sent home Tuesday in quite a cluster #$%^. But, that's another story.

9 hours after I arrive back, I am told guess what, you're going to Yuma in the next couple of days.

So this morning, that's where I'm about to head.

I'll catch up when I get back.

• Sponsors (?)

All I can say about Yuma is: Damn it's hot there. got the pleasure of being there via Uncle Sam and it was part of the Top Gun deployment. Back when Top Gun was still in SanDiego. There was NOTHING in Yuma when I was there but I did fall in love with a mexican hooker. Man I got some stories about her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

harley02 said:
All I can say about Yuma is: Damn it's hot there.
What time of year was that? If it ain't between May and August, it just ain't hot! :p
got the pleasure of being there via Uncle Sam and it was part of the Top Gun deployment. Back when Top Gun was still in SanDiego.
Yeah, Top Gun was cool.... nothing like WTI, though.
There was NOTHING in Yuma when I was there but I did fall in love with a mexican hooker. Man I got some stories about her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"NOTHING" depends on what you were looking for; and who you knew to get it for you.

As far as the "commercial woman"; I'm sure she was madly in love with you -until you shipped out! Lost a couple girlfriends that way when I was younger; only to have them slithering back whenever "lover-boy's" deployment ended. Don't know why I used to get "exercised" when some "Gy-reen" showed up at the Golden Cue or why I was banned from that establishment at age 17. Oh, yeah there was something about ripping a full rack of pool sticks off the wall and busting them all at once over one guy's head and back, then pitching "high and inside" balls off the tables at his buddy's head. :rolleyes:

Not to worry, I've mellowed and gotten much more tolerant with age - and I went out-of-town to import a bubble-head's little sister for a wife. :D

StangDreamin' said:
What time of year was that? If it ain't between May and August, it just ain't hot! :p
Yeah, Top Gun was cool.... nothing like WTI, though.
"NOTHING" depends on what you were looking for; and who you knew to get it for you.

As far as the "commercial woman"; I'm sure she was madly in love with you -until you shipped out! Lost a couple girlfriends that way when I was younger; only to have them slithering back whenever "lover-boy's" deployment ended. Don't know why I used to get "exercised" when some "Gy-reen" showed up at the Golden Cue or why I was banned from that establishment at age 17. Oh, yeah there was something about ripping a full rack of pool sticks off the wall and busting them all at once over one guy's head and back, then pitching "high and inside" balls off the tables at his buddy's head. :rolleyes:

Not to worry, I've mellowed and gotten much more tolerant with age - and I went out-of-town to import a bubble-head's little sister for a wife. :D

Well, I have more or less no way off of the base because I'm on nights, and my SNCOs with our rental vehicles are on days. So unless I take a cab...

Today is day 2 for us and this is all I can say: it's hot and it's intense. I just came from Cali where we measured the flight-line temperature in the 60s when I left. Yesterday it was over 110 on the flight-line. And they told me that it's not that bad for the time of year!!!!

Have run into a lot of guys I haven't seen in awhile out here too.

StDr: base computer club???

I'm not to sure why TopGun isn't at Miramar still. Afterall, it's still a DoN installation...

skywalker said:
I'm not to sure why TopGun isn't at Miramar still. Afterall, it's still a DoN installation...

Because Fallon residents don't complain about noise, and there are a lot more fun things to wargame against in Nevada.

Oh yea, and Yuma is the right armpit of the USMC (29 being the left). I've spent toooo much time in both places.